ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine temp

Renault Laguna Coupe

At this time of year you shouldnt get any hassle from the standard cooling system - are you sure the rads not full of crap?

That aint gonna fit mate - the standard fan is very small and fits quite snuggly itself - you would have to literally move the engine towards the bulk head to make it fit!

Haha, well that ran and fan was off of a 1.4 Baccara, and they use the same type engine.

I think the rad is OK. From the sounds of it, does your guage read the same sorta thing?

Focus ST

What your gauge is reading sounds perfectly normal to me mate, I really wouldnt worry about it. Seeing as the one pictured above was specced for a 1.4 engine and you have a more powerful 1.8 that produces more heat, you would probably end up hotter than before!

I think that the rad fitment is the last option.

There could be a number of things to explain this.

First thing to do is check the fluid level.

Then if ok leave the car idling after a hard drive and check that the temp returns to normal and the fan kicks in and out.

If the fan works and the temp is still high then maybe the thrmostat is not functioning correctly.

To check this, remove and allow to cool ( and therefore close) then fill a clear container with boiling water and it should open fully.

If this is ok check for fluid loss over a period of a couple of weeks- park car on a level ground or a place where you alway park and mark the level on the bottle when cold, then simply monitor overe two weeks - you shouldnt really lose any.

If so you may have a head gasket issue, that is a different chapter though, do the basics first.

Cheers, fan cuts in and out. There isnt a problem as such but I was just wondering what other peoples RSis ran at and if mine was unusal. I suppose any car after a hard drive will smell hot.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Simple get a lower temperature thermostat, problem solved. O and flush the whole system, rad and block and use decent coolant pref from renault.