ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine ticking noise

I've recently noticed this ticking sound coming from the engine, but cant work out if its the injectors or something more sinister?

Sorry about the poor video quality, its the repeated tick almost in the the background, any ideas what it could be?

th_VIDEO0006.gif

I thought it could be, but it doesn't seem to be coming from near the pulley. Frustrating as I only had the cambelt done in December last year :(

Ah right, it does sound like the exhaust is blowing from somewhere when I drive with the window down, more noticable when driving past parked cars or a wall. The cat / mani gasket was changed when the cambelt was done so dont think its that.
Just a case of sticking my head down by the exhaust manifold I take it? Would you notice a leak from there by covering the tail pipes?