ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine trouble

Clio Mk1 Phase 2 1.2
i have changed the coil, start plugs and ht leads but the car has lost alot of power and the engine is shaking so bad the gear stick is shaking too does anyone no what the problem is and how to fix it???? :dapprove:

same problem here, i did same as you, changed coil pack leads sparks even an engine mount, and still no better. gear stick was shaking like mad and engine, sounds rough smells rich when running. mines running on three cylinders, lack of compression in one of them. Do a compression test on each cylinder, you can buy testers from halfords about 20 quid, if one cylinder at idle is way below the others theres ur problem. to me that sounds like my problem, hope this helps. i got a few suggestions of a fix : http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=198043 ill probably end up buying another car though.

Last edited: