ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine vibration under acceleration.

Clio Sport 182
I've been to look at a 172 cup today.
The car has two problems which I have questions about.
1. Under hard acceleration there is a horrendous knocking/ vibrating sort of sound.
I have heard before this can be engine mount failure or the need to bring the engine forward on the upper mount.
What is the likeliness of it being a mount if I took a gamble and bought this car? Is there anything else more serious/expensive this could be?

Does anyone know of an engine mount vibration video that I could compare the noise too?

2. The airbag and service light were on the first time I started the car but the next time I started it they had gone.
Is this the wiring under the seats? Or squib ring?
What is the most expensive outcome of these dash lights?
I don't want to buy a car and have to spend a fortune on rectification but the car seemed pretty decent elsewhere and certainly seemed a quick one.
All help and advice appreciated!
Cheers

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
The knocking under load is more than likely a worn dog bone mount, it's very common, £40 quid will get you polybushes to put in it that will solve the problem.

The airbag light could just be a dodgy connector under one of the seats, i've got this atm.

Clio Sport 182
The knocking under load is more than likely a worn dog bone mount, it's very common, £40 quid will get you polybushes to put in it that will solve the problem.

The airbag light could just be a dodgy connector under one of the seats, i've got this atm.

Ok thanks, this is what I thought!
I'd still like to know from anyone if these could potentially be more costly issues.
Thanks

Clio Sport 182
Are there any videos or sound clips anyone knows of, of this problem?
So I can be sure that this is the issue?
Thanks