ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Warning Light!!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
My engine emissions light (orange on in bottom right of dials) keeps coming on randomly. How do i know if it is genuine problem or just my dials being an arse?? i dont wanna go to renault stealer because even if there isnt a problem, they'll find one! Help would be appreciated......

ok ..........any noticable , tell tell sign , spluttering or loss of performance , how old is the car , when was it last serviced

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
its a Mk2. 2002, was serviced at 44,00 and its now at 49,000. Engine sounds a bit s**t on cold starts but i;ve been told they all do. I dont wanna go into a garage and get it checked because they'll just make up a reason to fix something.

172 cup'd extreme
02 Sensor before the cat you can have it plugged in to confirm cost you £60 at ren + £98 for the sensor and about an hours labour(ren)

the 02 sensor on a clio has its own heater so when its on its way out it takes longer to heat up and start working, therefore you will notice the car running rougher than normal for longer. my light has been on for 6 months now and the car is fine, but i do have a de-cat