ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine work, opinions on these....

M

mini-valver

Spoke to Andy at GDI about some engine work for my 1600 16v ph2. He suggested inlet matching, chip and de-cat. Is the SMT6 actually that good? what sort of gains, response etc can i expect from this set-up before i spunk a grand on it all. Ta

I wouldn't bother for the cost.

For £3k you can have a new cambelt/clutch stronger gearbox better suspension better brakes and a stronger engine (172 conversion BTW).

If you fancied some tuning I'd go with Freds idea of cams and a remap but only worth it if you've got the IK and exhaust /cat sorted first with something less restrictive.

For the cost of the work, on a 1.6........gains are minimal.

The K4M has a plastic plenum and ally elbow, so matching can only be done on the lower part, and that plenum really is s**t. Gains are again restriced and nothing like the 2ltr delivers.

And with remapping now, you want to make sure you can remap the entire map...speak to paul at RSTuning for remapping.

M

mini-valver

Got a Simota forced IK with CAF where fog light used to be and powerflow cat back exhaust. I can get and fit de-cat then have cams of you i suppose. Had the cambelt and pullys done at 43k its on 49 now so thats 160 quid down the shitter straight away if i have cams, lol.
Prices please Fred for cams/remap. Bearing in mind its my day to day car. do around 100-200 miles a week so nothing too wild....
I'd have a go at fitting the cams myself but renaults seem to hate me. Stick to working on little 8v vauxhall engines methinks.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Yup we can do you a custom remap to get the best out of your mods. PM me if you need more info but you won't be dissapointed ;)

Paul

M

mini-valver

The K4M has a plastic plenum and ally elbow, so matching can only be done on the lower part, and that plenum really is s**t. Gains are again restriced and nothing like the 2ltr delivers.

This is why i thought i was getting raped for the matching. Theres nothing i can do to the plastic bit then?

M

mini-valver

Lol, anywhere else that does it that you'd reccomend? GDI wanted £250, screw that for a game of soldiers!

M

mini-valver

(rob shneider voice from little nicky) YOU CAN DO IT BEN, MATCH MY FU-CKING INLET!

M

mini-valver

Could you do it for me then? I'd give you man points..... and money of course.
If so, when,where and how much?

M

mini-valver

Really want the matching and remap asap but cams next year i think once ive sold some belongings and organs.

deffo RS.

PM me about the manifold.

But you'll have to show me how a 'man point' works, i'm not too familiar ;)

nah......i dont think old craig could of got the number of notches on his bedpost just in wales..........must be an thing for people outside the 'boarders'.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
i quite fancy this matching done too, how about a part exchange? you send me one done and i send you mine back?

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
then i need to tackle and fit cams myself before getting paul to chip and tune her!

We dont/wont hold stock of the 1.6 items........but if there is interest i can always make one and keep it on the shelf for exchange setups.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
well thats 2 so far.. i think i could talk another round to it too.

would you do us a group discount? :)

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
how hard a job is this to strip? easier than changing a gearbox and clutch!? if so i should be able to do it nae bother!

lol..........without being rude.....3 is a crowd ;)

and its already cheap enough otherwise its not worth my while really.

Sorry

i dont want too.
They are like 2 friends, individuals.............if they were the same i would feel like i lost a friend/lover/brother/mother..................gimp

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
5 should warrant u having one on the shelf tho right? cos that means you'd have a 6th to sell for pure profit or thereabouts.