ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

enoughs enough

right after having no end of problems with my clio over the last 6months im seriously considering chopping her in and getting a golf. Im so fed up of nothing being covered under warranty everything breaking and the dealers being so poor its beyond belief. In the 6months iv had to have new clutch not under warranty new lower arm not under warranty new cv boot? think it was called this again not under warranty. Iv had two different dealers damage my car whilst in with them one of which the claim is soon going to the county court. And to top it off iv got the most annoying rattles squeeks and god knows what else. In six months i cant think of when iv actually driven this car properly as im so scared something else will break. guess i must have got a real sh*tter

Ziel Nurburgring

Sorry to hear that mate, touch wood (No not that kind) ive not had a single problem with my 172. Everytime ive been to the dealer with really gay little things like squeeky rear brakes hes been very helpful and can only assume its the dealer your visiting. I take it your a reading local?

yep reading local so take your own conclusion as to which dealer has annoyed me. the problems are put right its just the money i have paid out over and above what i paid for the car i could have bought a 03 low miler instead of my 02 with now 38k on it. The reson im so annoyed is i had a vtr which i loved and i expected so much from the clio but unfortunately it keeps letting me down

Ziel Nurburgring

Have you thought of a)visiting a different dealer b) writing to renault UK

I take it you didnt buy it new, hence why i seem to get good service, as i bought mine new. Either way, i seems sloppy service as you should have 3 years warranty, the first covering most things and the 2nd and 3rd requiring comp contribution to wear and tear parts.

Dealers using the excuse that you have worn the clutch out doesnt wash as its supposed to be a performance car, with performance parts.

I would take it up with renault uk and then trading standards if your really not happy with the service your getting.

320d M Sport

i had a VTR, never had 1 problem either.

done 28,000 miles in my clio, and totally agree with everything ur saying.

the dealers are universally sh*t, cars (particulary 172/cup/182) break too often, problems often come back after reno say theyve "fixed" it. its not good enough, not when u consider how much a new 172 was when i first bought mine.

But, reno arent bothered mate, really theyre not. weve got some really high flying reno people who see this site yet they never comment on these types of threads..... hmmm.

No wonder reno were almost last in the JD power survey.

Terrible.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Sounds like a friday afternoon car mate. Very sorry to hear about it. If its any concellation I had a Golf like that prior to my Clio!

i guess you cant win either way its just im getting more annoyed i suppose because i bought the car with the warranty in mind and the fact it woulnt cost "too much" to fix but its getting ridiculous now. £200 odd for the lower arm £150 odd for the cv boot and renault now want £900 for a new clutch. Its all money i dont have and it annoys me as i havent even driven this car to its potential yet. I could put up with the rattles and creaks but its these major things and the fact renault seem incapable and unwilling to help. I also need a new steering wheel which they ripped and my door has a large scratch down which need painting again from when work was being carried out. I love the looks of the car and how other 172s go its just mine seems reluctant to stay trouble free and the warranty renault offer seems to be worth jack

320d M Sport

they just dont care mate, really does come down to that.

i sent a 3 page complaint letter to my reno dealer which they admitted binning/not reading. i forwarded this to reno uk customer services...they said i was entitled to nothing, not even an apology!

this was after the car had been into reno at least 14 times, each time for warranty stuff, each time sh*t service, most times they f**ked something up or it came out worse.

Sorry but Reno UK are just arrogant, if i treated my customers this way id be out of a job.

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 28 October 2004

they just dont care mate, really does come down to that.

i sent a 3 page complaint letter to my reno dealer which they admitted binning/not reading. i forwarded this to reno uk customer services...they said i was entitled to nothing, not even an apology!

this was after the car had been into reno at least 14 times, each time for warranty stuff, each time sh*t service, most times they f**ked something up or it came out worse.

Sorry but Reno UK are just arrogant, if i treated my customers this way id be out of a job.

Sounds like your dealer are a complete bunch of w**kers! I would go mad and as high as i could to have some dick sacked for 1stly throwing the complaint letter in the bin, and then i would have a go at them until i got an apology or free stuff! They cant treat people like that, id go to CAB and see what they say about it!

320d M Sport

tried it all, sent it to the director or Reno UK customer services who passed it on to one of the menials.

i ran out of patience after about 3 weeks of complaining. ive had:

new CV boot

new glovebox

new injector

new inlet

4k rattle twice

banging under wheelspin - still not fixed

new headlight washer pump

small oil leak from top of engine

they broke my gear gaitor, i had to fix it, they denied all responsibility.

Went in for touch up on wing, they sprayed my whole window in red paint and just give it me back! couldnt even see out of it.

considering that i had to go in and out of reno more than once for most of these id say i was probably looking at 15 trips to reno, never kicked off at the guys on the desk, never asked for money, freebies, never even asked for courtesy car, i just wanted the car id paid for to work!

All this went into the complaint letter, got binned.

Then further complaint to Reno uk, who said all manufacturers have warranty claims, reno pride themselves on quality/safety of their cars!

Total joke, id say i racked up 250 miles just driving to and from reno for this sh*t, thats about £60 in petrol alone!

Still, i got nothing, a small email just saying bog off basically.

320d M Sport

yup! thats exactly what they did to mine, oh i forgot, also had emissions light on about 3 times.

all seems sweet now and had no problems for months, but its too late now, its going, not gonna get another!

320d M Sport

its goin back to reno mate.

like i said, had no problems since march-ish so odds are i would have problem free motoring now, but i dont care! still going.

the dealers are sh*te too.grrr

RB 197 Cup

i know what u mean m8. ive been to the same dealer a number of times and its only been once that ive got good service from them. they just dont seem bothered. after reading what damage theyve caused to ur car whilst being worked on makes me a bit reluctunt to take my car there. hope it get it sorted soon

The Tube

I think all car dealers are pretty much the same, Ive heard all sorts of horror stories from Renault to Mercs.

Ive had my 172 for 3 months now and covered 3500 miles, and havent heard a squeek from it, its been an absolute pleasure! (TOUCHES WOOD VERY QUICKLY!!)

Previously I had a C-Class Merc, the service from some of their dealers was absolutely terrible, every time I picked the car up after a service there would be more problems with it! The final straw was picking it up in the summer only to realise the air-con had packed up and the heater was stuck on boiling.... It took them 2 months to sort that prob out! Mind you I lost a couple of stone!