ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EoE April Meet - Cambridge Bowling - Sunday 28th April 15:00

SQ5
Well I'm very proud of how well the last two means have been received and filled, I cant thank you all enough for turning up in great numbers! So my hopes are set even higher now for this meet!

After a couple of feedback pointers at the last meet I have granted both of them, one was to be closer to Bedford/Milton Keynes/Cambridge and the other was to do something rather than a general meet and chit chat. So I will be organising Bowling in Cambridge as there isn't too much else to do which keeps costs down for most people to attend.

Unfortunately it does mean some Norfolk lot have to travel a bit further but the effort has been made by the MK and Bedford members to come further for our more local meets so it would be good to see you, and half the fun is the drive over in convoy! Again this will be sorted by our next in May being more central (not our Nurburgring trip) and the CSS in June is smack bang in the middle of East Anglia.

Will probably set up a couple of convoy meeting points too along the way so if you could just write roughly where your coming from next to your name would be great. I imagine they will be Norwich, Stowmarket, Bury St Edmunds and Newmarket.

I will need to book bowling as I get the feeling we will need at least two or three lanes so the earlier I know who wants to come the better. Bowling is £7.25 a game or £12.49 for two. I imagine that with the amount of us likely to turn up 1 game with 8 people on a lane is going to take over an hour!

We will be going to Tenpin Cambridge, Cambridge Leisure Park, Clifton Way, Cambridge, CB1 7DY so you can hopefully find your way there!

Thank you, and hope to see you all soon

http://www.facebook.com/events/305131156284505

1. DannyR & Gema - Bury
2. Quinton - Bury

Last edited:
  C3 Picasso Beast
Re: EoE April Meet - Cambridge Bowling - Sunday 28th April 16:00

As long as the car is going properly I should be good for this :)

Any chance making it earlier??

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
1. DannyR & Gema - Bury
2. Quinton - Bury
3. dmallett - Bury
4. Owen92 - Peterborough

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
1. DannyR & Gema - Bury
2. Quinton - Bury
3. dmallett - Bury
4. Owen92 - Peterborough
5. scaryopa & Misses - Olney
6. Euan94 - Bedford

Monaco 152
1. DannyR & Gema - Bury
2. Quinton - Bury
3. dmallett - Bury
4. Owen92 - Peterborough
6. Euan94 - Bedford
7. hiben1 - Bury

C3 Picasso Beast
You make it somewhere fairly central and a bit more interesting then standing around and no one seems interested...typical!

SQ5
Yea I know, never mind.

Two weeks for some more people to show interest.

I'll be booking two lanes during the week so that will cater for 16 odd people.

172 Cup
1. DannyR & Gema - Bury
2. Quinton - Bury
3. dmallett - Bury
4. Owen92 - Peterborough
6. Euan94 - Bedford
7. hiben1 - Bury
8: Canary172

:)

C3 Picasso Beast
I'm 100% confirmed now :)

1. DannyR & Gema - Bury

2. Quinton - Bury
3. dmallett - Bury
4. Owen92 - Peterborough
6. Euan94 - Bedford
7. hiben1 - Bury
9: P17 TOO

Where's everyone else then??

Canary172 you want to head my way and go via the A143 to Bury?? I'm not gracing the A11 with my presence!

C3 Picasso Beast
Mine got washed by Mark Fish and now needs machine polishing :mad:

On the other hand though my bonnet looks amazing now and is totally scratch free :)

SQ5
I will have my new addition on too and some in the car.

I'll be heading from Swindon straight to Cambridge so could you guide the Bury people please Dan? Not that there is many :(

Bury st Edmunds tesco at 13.30 to leave at 13.45.
Newmarket halfords at 14.15 to leave 14.30

Scrap having a Stowmarket meeting point ill just head straight to bury, then Newmarket.

SQ5
Not allowed to book lanes unless I pay everything up front!

So we will just be turning up and playing and splitting the lanes.

Tempted to do a Suffolk Vs. Norfolk/Cambs setup on the lanes too ;)

SQ5
Nice.....

it is a shame, and its hard to cater for everyone.

I could organise go karting at £60 a head and only get 4 people want to do it as its too expensive.

If you can think of anything fairly central in East Anglia that doesn't cost a lot of money and would interest people I'm all ears.

Bowling is fairly universal and everyone is able to do it, even someone like yourself who probably needs the ramps ;) :p

Nice.....

it is a shame, and its hard to cater for everyone.

I could organise go karting at £60 a head and only get 4 people want to do it as its too expensive.

If you can think of anything fairly central in East Anglia that doesn't cost a lot of money and would interest people I'm all ears.

Bowling is fairly universal and everyone is able to do it, even someone like yourself who probably needs the ramps ;) :p

I was only joking about the losers thing if the 'nice....' was aimed at me :( well maybe not 100% :)

Its just I bowl in a league most Wednesdays and I don't really find bowling that fun, especially when the lanes haven't been oiled correctly (bowling people know what I mean by that :D) which they often aren't for the regular punters. Although I suppose that doesnt stop me from coming along for a chat and to meet people

Could go-karting be planned in advance and people save up for it maybe? As I would like to do that or maybe even paintballing

Paint balling wouldn't work as no one would want to get in there precious car dutty! Ha.

ill generally turn upto any meet as long as it won't cost me the world :)

danny remind me off BBQ at the weekend, need to discuss ;)

172 Cup
I'm 100% confirmed now :)

1. DannyR & Gema - Bury

2. Quinton - Bury
3. dmallett - Bury
4. Owen92 - Peterborough
6. Euan94 - Bedford
7. hiben1 - Bury
9: P17 TOO

Where's everyone else then??

Canary172 you want to head my way and go via the A143 to Bury?? I'm not gracing the A11 with my presence!

Sounds like a plan, though I'll probably take the A11 for convenience on the return journey :sleepy: Should I meet you in Long Stratton somewhere?

Titanium 182
paint ball would be cool . Dan- dont think ill have my car washed this time so if you dont you wont be the only one haha .. but you never know i might be able to get a quick clean in at some point