ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EoE April Meet - Cambridge Bowling - Sunday 28th April 15:00

C3 Picasso Beast
If you meet me at the Shell garage in Long Stratton @ 1250 that should give us enough time to get to Bury for 1330 driving within speed limits. Don't worry I don't drive like a nut unless I know the roads well ;)

Anyone else who decides to go from Norwich way feel free to tag along as well!!

Just a question though why 1330 at Bury when it only takes 30ish minutes to get to the bowling place from there??

C3 Picasso Beast
Muh I enjoyed my drive all alone thinking if I drove fast enough I'd catch up....I never did :(

Is it Tescos in Bury we're heading for, the one on the roundabout near the stinking sugar factory??

172 Cup
If you meet me at the Shell garage in Long Stratton @ 1250 that should give us enough time to get to Bury for 1330 driving within speed limits. Don't worry I don't drive like a nut unless I know the roads well ;)

12:50 at the Shell garage (is that the one integrated with Stratton Motor Co. by any chance?) it is! :) I'll try not to have a late one tonight :cheers:

SQ5
Everyone had a good time?

I've literally just got in but that's for a story off of the forum ;)

If anyone with pictures would like to start a thread that would be great please :)

Thanks for coming, it want the best turnout but it was still a good one!

PS. Sorry I whooped you all ;)

C3 Picasso Beast
You been braking the law again trying to get even cheaper insurance?!?

Made a good change to do something different for a bit rather than standing about even though I was s**t at the bowling! I blame anyone on here that is from Cambridge who didn't attend for the lack of anything to do after the bowling because how the hell were we suppose to know where to go without you?! Don't think we should bother going there again plus all the pikeys unnerved me...

Euan you did better than me, but then again everyone did apart from Paul!

Last edited:
  SQ5
We should never go bowling again, but it was still a good laugh!

Lol, point taken ;)

You been braking the law again?!?

Made a good change to do something different for a bit rather than standing about even though I was s**t at the bowling! I blame anyone on here that is from Cambridge who didn't attend for the lack of anything to do after the bowling because how the hell were we suppose to know where to go without you?! Don't think we should bother going there again plus all the pikeys unnerved me...

Lol, for a change I haven't! Haha!

It was nice to actually do something you are right, it was a pity nobody from Cambs came but I bet the Bedford/MK loved a shorter drive ;)

Yeah had a good time, the bowling wasnt that bad its just that we were bad at it haha.

Shorted drive was alright although i liked the convoy to yarmouth. My mate wasnt sure on today but he said hes not made his mind up yet, and wants to come to a few more to see, bit awkward as he didnt know anybody and tbh i still dont know many people and didnt know everyones name today still so couldnt exactally introduce him properly. But hes coming to CSS and looking forward to it as am i for definate :)

Btw Danny i know a few of us are up for Karting, even if its only a few of us it would be good fun :D

Twingo Dynamique
karting does sound good.. if its in the summer.. :L when i have moneys... :L like a july meet maybe? i dont know where would be a suitable kart track though....?? :S anglia indoor is a bit odd isnt it? :S

SQ5
Anglia Indoor is a bit crap, we would go to Red Lodge or Wildtracks as are fairly central to everyone.

Forgot to look Dan sorry. I'll look during the week for you.

Titanium 182
I only got such a bad score because I think our lane was over oiled as my ball kept spinning too far left ! I will never go back ..

172 Cup
Anglia Indoor is a bit crap, we would go to Red Lodge or Wildtracks as are fairly central to everyone.

The large circuit at Red Lodge is awesome - I love the flat out left hander at the bottom end!

Haven't been to Wildtracks before - is it any good? Ellough Park near Beccles is great too, but it's not ideally placed for people from Cambs and MK.

SQ5
The large circuit at Red Lodge is awesome - I love the flat out left hander at the bottom end!

Haven't been to Wildtracks before - is it any good? Ellough Park near Beccles is great too, but it's not ideally placed for people from Cambs and MK.

Red lodge has more powerful karts than Wildtracks, but they are like two minutes from each other.

I can get us a really good deal at Ellough Park as The owner used to sponsor my brother in law in karting and is a good friend of their family, but like you say its an arse for anyone past bury to get too!

Red lodge has more powerful karts than Wildtracks, but they are like two minutes from each other.

I can get us a really good deal at Ellough Park as The owner used to sponsor my brother in law in karting and is a good friend of their family, but like you say its an arse for anyone past bury to get too!

Im up for anywhere tbh, and im sure if we can afford to come karting we can afford the petrol to get there :) id rarther go to a good track thats far than a close one thats not as good.

Twingo Dynamique
i'm happy with anywhere if its in say... july... i.e. when i have money :L hate how my summer job hasnt starteed yet!

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Distance isn't a problem for me either really as i really do enjoy karting. And I like to think I'm of a decent standard, certainly better than I am at bowling!

(I'd suggest rye house as that's an awesome track but its in Essex so would make no sense whatsoever!)

Titanium 182
Rye House is a good track havent been there in years but as you say is in the wrong direction

Distance isn't a problem for me either really as i really do enjoy karting. And I like to think I'm of a decent standard, certainly better than I am at bowling!

(I'd suggest rye house as that's an awesome track but its in Essex so would make no sense whatsoever!)

Monaco 152
I'm not too happy with how the photos came out tbh, not a great location and not great weather.

_MG_0691_zps6962685b.jpg

_MG_0760_zpsca8d5c22.jpg

_MG_0759_zps7bcd647c.jpg

_MG_0758_zps394c2144.jpg

_MG_0757_zps73b7cf36.jpg

_MG_0745_zpsd1c8667b.jpg

_MG_0741_zpsf95c3443.jpg

_MG_0739_zps3c1f17f6.jpg

_MG_0738_zps8a9ef5ba.jpg

_MG_0737_zps69b23983.jpg

_MG_0736_zps9c9ec554.jpg

_MG_0733_zps71faf483.jpg

_MG_0732_zpse0d14cf6.jpg

Untitled_Panorama6_zpsa989e63f.gif

_MG_0731_zpsf66b468f.jpg

Paul's probably checking the footy scores ha ha
_MG_0719_zps68425a3a.jpg

SQ5
Weather was great for pics with some HDR, clouds are awesome ;)

Good pics, love mine, new iPhone background :)

Yea bloody Cambridge lot that didn't turn up, next few meets will be Suffolk/Norfolk based, well except this months :D

Monaco 152
Weather was great for pics with some HDR, clouds are awesome ;) Good pics, love mine, new iPhone background :) Yea bloody Cambridge lot that didn't turn up, next few meets will be Suffolk/Norfolk based, well except this months :D

If I had a tripod I could of done a few HDR pics.

Tbh yours and Phil's are my favorite photos :)

Some more of yours Dan
_MG_0731darker_zps63304828.jpg
_MG_0731bw_zps6b87a7d5.jpg

P.s now leaving btw.

C3 Picasso Beast
Yea bloody Cambridge lot that didn't turn up, next few meets will be Suffolk/Norfolk based, well except this months :D

Did we say in the end that this months meet was your ring trip then?? If we did I might try and arrange something Norwich based for those of us that aren't going as there's the other thread going...

C3 Picasso Beast
Wasn't asking if it was fine or not! Just because your the area rep doesn't mean you can tell me what to do ;)