ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Epic Renault powered Seat Ibiza ...

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Random engine choice?

An F7R apparently, with 612bhp lol.

IMG_0007.jpg

More info here: http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...0&nmt=Seat+Ibiza+1.4,+sad+to+mad???&mid=70527

Car looks a little awesome as well tbh :evil:

rsr_2012_1.jpg

Turbos.
That is mental. I'd love to know why he chose an F7R, must have been crazy expensive and even more so to maintain. Epic spec, save for the Quaife shite.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
He answers the why not a VAG engine in his thread.

I didnt understand his reply, it mentioned "flow" and "high boost"?

BMW 535d
Basically legends like me choose F7Rs to turbo

In all seriousness im sure it was based on how the head is shaped. Little known fact is that the Williams were originally designed to be turbo'd, then for some reason, cost probrably, they decided not to. Bass info.

Even though Renault are generally s**t boxes, I think the actually engines are great bits of kit.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Basically legends like me choose F7Rs to turbo

In all seriousness im sure it was based on how the head is shaped. Little known fact is that the Williams were originally designed to be turbo'd, then for some reason, cost probrably, they decided not to. Bass info.

Even though Renault are generally s**t boxes, I think the actually engines are great bits of kit.

Nearly

Its was the F7P that was meant to be turbo'd hence the piston oil sprays etc

Renault 5 Turbo
The work that has gone into this is unreal, was going to be a Tarmac rally car but due to reg changes, is going to be a track day toy :) love it.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Someone spent all their pocket money on that! Deffo a repost but I never get bored of it... Shame its not in a Retro Renault though :(

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Basically hes saying that he chose the Renault engine because the air moves quicker rather than more of it moving slower?

n2x

e60/f10
f**k building that for 3 years and 7 months before getting it track ready. Decent monster, mind.