ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for owners views of the Renault Clio 172

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I've had a type r, you will miss the Clio.

Thing is I've had four French hot hatches now, fancy something different next time. Can't stop looking at these atm either though, this one has the MR200 kit on too, lovely!

ford-fiesta-st-st-16v-S1034455-5.jpg

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I think they look great with a bit of lows and spacers. Just a shame about the factory performance.

But i bet with that 200 pack it will probably out perform a 1*2!

997.1, Caddy, e208
I've had a Ph2 172, CTR then a 182.

The CTR was by far the best to drive as a daily. so much more refined and well built.

The 172 was more fun, probably as I had had it 6 years, I knew it, it was predictable, handled better than the Civic, was chuckable, it was pure fun.

The 182 was bought after I crashed the Civic, to give me more confidence, it feels slower, the rattles annoy me - It's not my 172.

All in all, I think I'd take my old 172 first, the CTR for build quality though. It's nice to drive and not hear the whole car creek.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My mum has a Mk6.5 Fiesta and it's a lovely place to be, just too slow (it's a 1.4) so with a bit more oopmh it would be nice I reckon...

Either way I'm still 2 maybe 3 years away from changing cars yet so I'll see where I'm at then :)

My mum has a Mk6.5 Fiesta and it's a lovely place to be, just too slow (it's a 1.4) so with a bit more oopmh it would be nice I reckon...

Either way I'm still 2 maybe 3 years away from changing cars yet so I'll see where I'm at then :)

Lovely compared to what?

I hate the interior and the exterior just looks normal now. The MK7s are a different story!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I'm not really comparing it to anything, just saying it's a nice drive... gearbox is amazing for one. Suspension eats up anything you through at it, although I'd probably ruin that with coilovers.

I love the pre-facelift Mk7, honestly one of the best looking hatches made in the last 10 years. Post-facelift, not so much... real shame they didn't release the ST on the pre-facelift imo.

All in all, I think I'd take my old 172 first, the CTR for build quality though. It's nice to drive and not hear the whole car creek.

Yep, and your old 172 was my old 172 ;-) Now back in a 182 after a few years of driving different things.

That car was the reason I came back to 1*2 driving, never let me down! Must admit I prefer my current 182, then again it does have Recaros!

997.1, Caddy, e208
Ive still got it Stu_F but I've stripped it for parts for my 182 and a mates. It looks a bit worse for wear now.

Not sure how much you recall of when I bought it? I was going to leave it until June to insure once I had 1yrs no claims? I sold my 1.2 on the way back from yours and used that to insure myself for the 3 months on my exisiting policy (£1100)

I loved that car.

Yeah, I remember you couldn't insure it for a few months lol. I was such a fun reliable car, only ever had the alternator go which was fixed under warranty. Definitely got the RS bug from that car. Still got photos of it :)