ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Gordini info from PistonHeads...

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good. Only millionaires or lunatics will buy them. List will no doubt be north of £23k.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I did lol when I seen the link on Twitter. KumKum's wet list of his Gordini dream!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Taken from Renaultsport.co.uk forums;

m.palmer said:
Talking about this issue for months, and let's hope for the return of Renault Sport, fun and effective as we like. The new Clio RS was born with various in different chassis and engine, but it lacks that something to be ahead of their competitors. The Clio RS oral and Carlos Tavares will be named Gordini.

With some recovered items here ekeii, we created our own Clio Gordini RS as we would like to recommend it to Renault to debut the market next year and presented at the Paris Motor Show in 2014.

Renault Clio Gordini RS EDC

- L4 turbocharged 1618 cm3
- 6200trs/min 230 hp, 285 Nm at 2000
- New exhaust stainless steel
- Re gearbox BVS6 EDC, for even faster gear changes
- Chassis Cup, but lower by 10 mm
- Revised and enhanced braking system in collaboration with Brembo (like the Megane RS)
- Reduce weight 25/30 kg (~ 1175 - 1180 kg)
- Final: 250 km / h
- 0-100 km / h: 6,0

Clio 200 Silverstone
I like how there actually making the gordini more special this time rather than just some paint and stripes, but added hp,torques lighter and lower ride with a quicker gear change. Well, According to what that guy wants. but Renault will probably just do the RS in Blue with the stripes and make the interior Blue instead of Red.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Hopefully his wish list isn't too wide off the mark.
We have been promised a more performance focused route for the brand, but I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult to improve on their last couple of "efforts".

Just whack some sachs on it and make it blue only (manual as well obviously :rasp:).

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Thinking back through all the special editions of RS clios, none of them got a power increase so it'd be a surprise if they did it this time.

I did lol when I seen the link on Twitter. KumKum's wet list of his Gordini dream!

Don't mention it again, I have my suspicions that he's the Gallic Beetlejuice, crazy, bloody annoying and if the name is uttered thrice he shall appear.