ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ermmmm???

clio sport 172, 2002
got in my 172 today and started it up and theres a warning light on (the exhaust gas monitor one ) just above the over revving warning light,

and also the car reving at 2500 rpm and wont go any lower, i've had it running for half hour and still no change!!!

and one got any ideas?? thanks, steve

2002 Cup172
sounds like a lambada sensor prob matey and your car has gone into safe mode.

get under your car and whip out the metal thing or things sticking out your cat pipe. disconcet the wire and give them a good clean.

see if that helps.

clio sport 172, 2002
sounds like a lambada sensor prob matey and your car has gone into safe mode.

get under your car and whip out the metal thing or things sticking out your cat pipe. disconcet the wire and give them a good clean.

see if that helps.
thanks matey

clio sport 172, 2002
does anyone else think it could be the lambar sensor????
the revs wont go any lower that 2500rpm

its a 2002 clio sport

Audi TT 3.2 V6
So when your ideling its sitting at 2500rpm?

Id hazard a guess that the throttle body is sticking. Id be tempted to take it off an clean it up.
Have a search on TDC sensors as well

Ph1
Sucking in air or electrical problem with the TB is my guess.

Do the revs settle if you try and stall it by lifting the clutch?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Sucking in air or electrical problem with the TB is my guess.

Do the revs settle if you try and stall it by lifting the clutch?

Good point, have you had the upper inlet of lately? Could be the gasket has gone and hasnt properly sealed the joint up.