ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eror code (original CD player)

hello folks,

2002 MK2 PH2 clio 1600cc manual. I replaced the original cassette with original CD player (I don't know from which car it came from).
On the small screen there's an "ERROR" code and it doesn't let you insert the code. anyone know what's the problem?

cheers,
Elad.

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Not too much help, but my standard one used to give an error message. It used to do it mid play of a CD, as if it couldnt read it and after a period of silence.

Mine doesnt need a code on 1st time powering, if you insert a CD and nothing happens, I would assume you have a dead head unit.....or possibly the connections in the ISO connector are incorrect?!?

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive just sorted this out with mine. If you read your book in side your user manual it will explain it a bit more.

But generally.

The person before you, might have entered the code to many times which locks the CD player out.

IT starts at locked out for 2 minutes, then goes onto 4 after another unsucessful pin, then 8, 16, 32.
You can see where this is going ???

Note: For the timer to start counting down you need to have the car turned on, and the CD player turned on so it says Error on the screen. I just went for a long drive until it turned off, which it did after about 10minutes.

Then you enter the code ( Assuming you have the code mate ) into the system and it works.

Out of interest mate. What does the CD player say on the front??

Does it say TunerList or UpdateList?

Dont wana ruin your day, but update list wont work in anything before 2005

If you need anymore infomation, PM me.

Sam