ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP always off option

FF-Cupped 182 '05
Is there a standard possibility to have it turned off by default? or lose it all together? (don't wanna lose the ABS though)

If not, I was thinking maybe a relais which will automaticly switches on for a moment (as you'd do as you press the ESP button) after you start the car might be an idea (?)

Thnx

P.S. It's a technical question, I'm really not interested in the moral remarks about it being dangerous, not necessay and things like that.

Da

Less
It can be switched off on the dash switch.

I'm not actually 100% sure on what you're wanting? :S

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i think he wants to not have to bother turning it off everytime...

can you not just wire a switch into the circuit before the standard button, turning the switch off will have it off permanantly, then switch on will mean you have use of the standard button again...?

BMW M135i
afaik you'll have to push the button every time.

can you not just wire a switch into the circuit before the standard button, turning the switch off will have it off permanantly, then switch on will mean you have use of the standard button again...?

Its a momentry switch which activates a function in the UCH to disable the ESP, you can't set it up to be permanently off, the only way maybe is through CLiP but i'm not sure as i've never seen one or had anything to do with them.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
afaik you'll have to push the button every time.

Its a momentry switch which activates a function in the UCH to disable the ESP, you can't set it up to be permanently off, the only way maybe is through CLiP but i'm not sure as i've never seen one or had anything to do with them.

thought it might be more complicated like this as it is a safety device but just thought I'd say it in case!

FF-Cupped 182 '05
thought it might be more complicated like this as it is a safety device but just thought I'd say it in case!

Exactly, thats why I thought the easiest way would be to automize the normal manual deactivation i.e. instead of pressing the button (which must make some connection) there is a relais which does exactly the same after you start the car.

Da

Less
Sure, you can add a relay to almost anything, but is it really worth the hassle?

FF-Cupped 182 '05
^ Don't know, was curious if maybe somebody had done this already, to know exactly how big of a hassle it would be, but appearantly most are not as bone idle as I am :eek: .

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Is there a fuse you can pull or a wire you can disconnect to a critical part so its disabled?

RB 182
Is there a fuse you can pull or a wire you can disconnect to a critical part so its disabled?

There should be a fuse. Why not just get used to pressing the button as you start the car ?

It will just be the same as putting your seat belt on everyday, you just get used to it and will do it without thinking about it... Can't see why moving your arm forward a bit and pressing a button is so inconvenient? :eek:

For normal day to day driving, I'm confused as to why you'd want to switch it off. The only time it becomes intrusive is when you're giving it some in the twisties and it cuts power to the wheels if it feels them losing traction.

Surely all of your driving isn't like that?

FF-Cupped 182 '05
For normal day to day driving, I'm confused as to why you'd want to switch it off. The only time it becomes intrusive is when you're giving it some in the twisties and it cuts power to the wheels if it feels them losing traction.

Surely all of your driving isn't like that?

Actually, my day to day driving consists of some nice backroads, so yes, it is.

But I will get used to pressing the button, I've dealt with some nasty things in my life, so I should be able to handle this horrible problem :D .