ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP fun!

The TC is ok in certain conditions, but it can't magic up some grip if it's not there. On a compacted snow incline it can be impossible to go forwards, in any gear at any revs, with or without TC.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
The TC is ok in certain conditions, but it can't magic up some grip if it's not there. On a compacted snow incline it can be impossible to go forwards, in any gear at any revs, with or without TC.

bingo but sometimes a bit of wheelspin on a hill is exactly what you need to get moving

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

But it wil make better use of any available grip than peoples right foot by helping to prevent it from loosing the grip.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
not always. i found in the bmw that it was better to use more power in some instances as you have to.. where as the dsc was cutting the power to the wheel that slipped hence pulling me across the camber towards the kerb...if i gave it a little more it would find grip. i'm not disputing that esp and all that work in the right coditions. just not beneficial all the time... if it was they wouldnt fit a switch for you to turn it off.

M2 Competition
Some people like it, some people dont.

Some people drive better with it, some people dont.

Two sides to the coins, personal opinion really, neither side is wrong :)

TBH it's never actually helped me out of a real genuine pickle. In fact the one time I did get seriously stuck, I eventually got going with it switched off. That's not to say it isn't handy, but it won't find any grip that's not there.