ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP/Trac Control... Do i have a problem

Integra DC5 Type R

It seems that my 172 has the ESP and traction control. The first to regain control on corners and the second to reduce wheel spin.

Until recently, the wheels would judder when the traction control kicked in, but when under control, it used to make like a really fast pulsating noise.

But now, when under high revs and lots of pull, the pulsating noise happens all the time, even in 2nd and 3rd gears. It only seems to happen to the passenger side wheel.

Is this normal, or do i need to get it checked out.

Integra DC5 Type R

possibly... the tyre of the said wheel has a small bulge in the sidewall but i thought nothing of it

but the problem continues to happen when I turn off the ESP.

Try swopping the tyres round if you can and se if it goes away.

Its the cup which is void of any ABS or TC.

172/182 have ABS, TC and EBD after a certain date (late 2002 I think)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Rick_172 on 13 April 2004
possibly... the tyre of the said wheel has a small bulge in the sidewall but i thought nothing of itbut the problem continues to happen when I turn off the ESP.

If you tyre has a bulge in it get it checked out immediatly.. could be on your way to a nasty blowout, not something you want to happen at 70+mph

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Rick_172 on 13 April 2004

possibly... the tyre of the said wheel has a sidsmall bulge in the sidewall but i thought nothing of it

but the problem continues to happen when I turn off the ESP.
that sounds like the cause of your problem.

Integra DC5 Type R

i asked a mechanic about the tyre and whether the tiny bulge would cause my problem. he said not likely. it is definitely something to do with the delivery of power to the wheels. any other ideas? differential? Faulty ESP?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the n/s/f wheel usually spins first due to the smaller shaft etc which is not a problem. seeing as the noise is still there even with the esp turned off then it cant be a problem with that system. without hearing the noise its difficult to suggest anything maybe a driveshaft problem or something to do with that. if its under warranty id let the dealer have a listen.

Integra DC5 Type R

cheers jay. i think it may be something wrong with the drive type mechanism. it usually comes on when its under high throttle and strain. will go to em tomorrow. cheers again....

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

might even be the gearbox mount as they have been known to be noisy and shear off before. least its warranty so lets see what they say.