ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP/Traction control help

182 Cup
Right, had this issue for a while with the traction control and ESP not working. The light on the dash is permanently on to prove it.

I had the ring sensor behind the steering wheel replaced by Ren7oaks as that was showing as the issue. The thing is they said that after replacement the steering angle was showing as something silly like 8,000,000 degrees or something (can't be more specific it was a long time ago).

Now I'm not sure, but I'm sure I've seen on here that Renault can reset the angle using their diagnostic tools, but if this is the case why couldn't Ren7oaks do it? Is it possible that Ren7oaks don't have the same system as Renault main dealers? Ren7oaks say they have CLIP, so if they couldn't do it will Renault also be able to do nothing?

http://www.ren7oaks.co.uk/renault/index.php/diagnostics