ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP

Car  Renaultsport Clio 172
Is it possible to turn this off permanently? Or rather invert the default position where it is on but can be over-ridden per trip. I would rather have it turned off with the option of turning it on per trip if it is wet.
 
I whould'nt turn if off completly, theres a button for the esp little down to the right of the steering wheel, i've got it anyway some of the 172's havn't got that option
 
Yes, I have that button. With it turned off the car feels more like the original 172 I had previously. I would have preferred the option as mentioned to turn it on only when needed rather than the way it is now. Guess I should have kept the other 172!!
 
It's been dry past few day's and i've been switching it off and it's a totally different car, and to be honest i've forgot about the button, now the summer is nearly here it will be nearly every day it's great
 
I am fortunate to have 'a proper drive' each day to work. At 6.30 am there is next to no one cross country between Buckingham and High Wycombe!
 
^^^ Its down here mate . Sounds like yours was probably manufactured in late 2001 early 2002 and not sold til later in the year hence the 52 plate .

22062006003-1.webp
 
Last edited:
ok thx m8..thers nothing there but the dimer switch on mine..i must have 1 of the older ones like you say..
 
I wouldn't worry about it anyway . I never had it on my 172 either and can't really say i notice any difference on my 182 tbh .
 
Its like taking your foot off the accelerator and the car drives itself , lol .
 
Is it possible to turn this off permanently? Or rather invert the default position where it is on but can be over-ridden per trip. I would rather have it turned off with the option of turning it on per trip if it is wet.


I would have thought this would require a change in the ECU software or something.

I'd like to know the same thing too. If I could turn the ESP off permantely without the dash light I'd consider getting a quaife.
My old 205 with a quaife is better than ESP.
 
ESP was introduced to the Clio on "full fat" models after July 2003.

When the time comes to hunt for a 172 - should I bother about this ESP?
 
I don't see the difference it makes on public roads, unless your spinning the wheels out of every corner.
 
Use your esp other than dry conditions don't want you having a accident
 
Back
Top