ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Estimated Price Please :D

RS Meg 175
Right well i want to get some work on my car done but as always im trying to work out a price before i get quotes so i dont get farked over :D lol
heres what i would like done:

Colour Coding:
Bump Strips
Front and Rear Bumper
Handles and Boot Key Surround

Lowering Spring Fitting

Also Where is the best place to get lowering springs quickly?

Cheers People :)
Matt

Chocolate Bar™
Colour Coding:
Bump Strips
Front and Rear Bumper
Handles and Boot Key Surround - anything from 150-500 depending on how good/overpriced they are

Lowering Spring Fitting - 40-80

Also Where is the best place to get lowering springs quickly? 2modified etc.

why not do the colour coding yourself. i'll be doing the bumpstrips and stuff on my new car myself so i know its a proper job

There no best place if the place has them in stock you'll get them quicker. However if they don't they'll be as slow as any other palce since they all get stocked from the same importer.

Shop round though see how much and how long it will take.

Do the suspension yourself or get someone on here to do it for £40 or so its only 2 hours at worst and £15 for the tools you need.

How hard is it to colour code ur self, any ideas on what exacty is required knowledge wise like guessing rub down, primer, den the right colour n where u get the right paint from???

Chocolate Bar™
not hard to colour code yourself just takes patience as the preperation is key to an OE finish. i like to take the time to get the plastic as soon as possible. then i plastic primer, and then plastic filler primer. leave this overnight and then wet sand it smooth. then reprimer if necessary. when im happy ill spray it in colour off auto-paint.co.uk , and then lacquer to finish.

really not that hard if you take your time

Or i could just pay u to do it providing i can see the finished result on ur car, u could get a tight little business going ther a markewt wide open m8

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i colour coded mine,, looks good. only got it re done at the body shop so it matched everything else i was having done

i payed £350 to have it all colour coded.

Chocolate Bar™
i had mine redone by a bodyshop and it look worse than my attempt! so had it redone again by another bodyshop and look mint now. My bumper inserts i no longer have as the front bumper inset was smoothed, but they looked good! piccy :)

0248.gif

Chocolate Bar™
lmfao, i'll bare that in mind, when admiring the sideskirts i got for free ;)

taylor - yours looks nowt like a bloody sport!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Middo said:
lmfao, i'll bare that in mind, when admiring the sideskirts i got for free ;)

taylor - yours looks nowt like a bloody sport!

meh sport bumper sport grill sport badge.. non intentional tho lol

RS Meg 175
Im In North Hertfordshire :D
Can ya travel kiza? lol

Anyone else any good at it?

also were can i pick up some decent springs for the cheap :) also what should i go for ?

Apex, Sportlines, Prolines?

RS Meg 175
ok ill get those beasts then until you sell up lol :p

Where is the best place to buy these from? any ideas anyone?