ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ever booted it away from the Traffics

Status
Not open for further replies.
  clio 1.2 16v
a few weeks ago i was racing my mates focus and he had to go into the lane of oncoming traffic to overtake, then coming up towards him head on was a police volvo, it tried to turn into his path to stop him but he managed to go round them. they turned on the sirens and were trying to do a u turn but i drove past them at about 10mph so my mate could get a head start needless to say he ripped it straight home and left his car in the back garden for a few days

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
a few weeks ago i was racing my mates focus and he had to go into the lane of oncoming traffic to overtake, then coming up towards him head on was a police volvo, it tried to turn into his path to stop him but he managed to go round them. they turned on the sirens and were trying to do a u turn but i drove past them at about 10mph so my mate could get a head start needless to say he ripped it straight home and left his car in the back garden for a few days

times have changed,
people dont share these stories anymore!!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
I dont discuss the manor of my driving on a public forum!
cliosport doesnt take kindly to people boasting/joking about their law breaking.

that doesnt mean i dont "live a little", i didnt build my car for looks! ;)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
very hard to prove, but its still illegal.

im not trying to have a go, just advising that you dont discuss such matters on such an anal forum :D

i fear i may have started something though :(

120d M Sport
And then you have people on the forum today saying "this forum has gone downhill" arguing that it coincides with "172's getting cheap"

The old forums are rife with these sort of posts, from a range of established members!

Last edited:
  clio 1.2 16v
very hard to prove, but its still illegal.

im not trying to have a go, just advising that you dont discuss such matters on such an anal forum :D

i fear i may have started something though :(

OK no worries. I know people have their opinions and are welcome to it but tbh im just trying to get my post count up lol.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
i just turned 12 when this was made :O i was reading through thinking ' imagine if this was posted now. the op would get slated off the forum!' and yes, racing is bad! especially when your mate overtakes in oncoming traffic!

i must say good on you for slowing down to hold up the police... innocent bystander* much?

*in a car, you know what i mean

Nippy white cup
Feck I was nearly 26 when this post was made :(

But my car is still sat outside...a few changes but still there :)

1.5 Clio Dynamique
i was 12 when this was first posted,

and yes i have.......did a few left, right, left, left, rights to get away and hid at the bottom of a cul de sac for 5minutes while i quietly shat myself lol as i came down a dual carriageway at 85 and noticed a police car behind coming out of a junction and i had a feeling he was going to try and catch up with me.........i have no idea if he saw me or not but i paniced and tried to evade lol

PB 182 (1 of 29)
He, He good thread resurrected, remember reading it back in the day.

My go was on the M25 in the early hours heading to Eastbourne for a sports tournament in my old 172 Cup. There was this idiot right on my rear at about 85 with headlights blazing, couldn't get across so gunned it to about 115 (he kept up) then hung a left into the middle lane. When he pulled along side he was a fully marked up T5 (not sure how I'd not noticed!!). Just before I made a mess of my seats he nodded across, put on the blues then floored it. About 10 miles further on there were 3 or 4 police cars around and Peugeot 406 with two men lying face down on the hard shoulder surrounded by Rozzers. Guess they had bigger fish to fry and it was my lucky day (although we lost the tournament).

H22A7 Accord Type R
WTF is an OP? lol lol

Haven't you lot moved on to proper cars yet??? ;)

P.s.........I can't believe I actually posted that hahah!!! Ahhhh such a young mind

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
I want to hear more stories of the police being seen off!

My mate did a similar stunt in his younger days and nipped down some side streets etc into a housing estate and shot into a randoms driveway, lights off and dived in the back seat! He stayed there for a few minutes when there was a knock at the window, and a traffic cop peering in! "what are you doing son?" he replied "just making a phonecall" FAIL!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I was 11 and had just started big school when this was posted :)

But yeah, I've had this happen a few times. Misjudged a traffic light and ended up going through red in my SRi Corsa. Saw the lights behind me from a traffic car so I went and hid in someones drive round the corner

Listerine & Poledo
2rlyvc0.gif

"This is a police squad car... it's a crime fighting tool."

I didn't realise this thread was so old! Was reading through thinking why haven't the CS police kicked up a fuss yet?!

Status
Not open for further replies.