ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ever fall in love again??...

Golf GTI PP Mk7
Last november i crashed my cup, didnt do much damage, just a hole in the front bumper and a dinked bonnet. After that i lost the love for it, seeing it damaged just removed any desire to care for it. It got pretty dirty and looked crap. Then about 2 months ago it got vandalised, the bumper still wasnt fixed, and now i had a really dented bonnet where some c**k had jumped all over it for me.

I really couldnt be arsed with the car after this, and stopped coming on here so much too.

Well on friday she came bk form the body shop, new bonnet, and new front bumper. Went on a breakfast run saturday morning and loved it to bits. then spent the rest of saturday giving it the first half decent clean its had since november. it got the works; polish, sealant, wax, poslished wheels, tyre gel, fully cleaned interior.

This evening ive spent most of my time staring at it, it looks fooking gorgeous, showroom condition. It feels like it drives ten times better too, i think shes happy now.

I love it again, I FLAMING LOVE IT!!!!!

just had to get that off my chest, sry for the essay.

lewis.

M2 Competition
Know the feeling mate, went through a few phases where i wanted to sell my cup.

Proper loving it now though, lots planned for it, quite excited really!

They are gorgeous looking cars.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Have that nearly every month with mine!

After giving mine the works exterior wise on Saturday i just sat looking at it for a while....really is stunning.

Ad

MK2 FRS
I fell out with renault for over a year.. lol and here i am again.

It just puts a massive grin on my face.

got my car back on thursday after some tw*t keyed it a few weeks ago, i was without it for 3 or 4 days, but when i got it back, it felt like id just had it from new, all over again!

Maz

LY 200
Might do after its 36k service and two new tyres but at the moment I have still fallen out with it ..

RenaultSport 197
Yea, it's like whenever you don't wash your car for a while and it gets caked up in mud and crap off the road and you don't hoover the interior or wipe the dash of dust for ages or it has dent's and scratches in it you just feel like you can't really be arsed with it.

Once you've taken it to the garage to get fixed and cleaned it up and it looks the mutts you feel so good again and love driving it and won't let anybody touch it. But before it got fixed or cleaned you couldn't care less what happened to it! How strange how we work!

Nice 1, glad you've got back your va va voom.

106 GTi
I got mine out the garage for the first time in a month yesterday, still makes me grin everytime I drive it.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
too true doug, these these things are like women, they'll only put a smile on ur face if you look after them.

thankfully, unlike women, the cars dont nag/argue, lol.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Fell in love with mine alllllll over again and got the dirty Vee thoughts out of my head now.. all it took was a few coats of wax :D

Golf GTI PP Mk7
its hard to resist dirty thoughts about the vee, but i couldnt have one if i wanted one, my drum kit isnt gonna fit in that little compartment under the bonnet, lol.

LY V6 with Recaros
Yeah I know what you mean. I get like that, say if it hasn't been washed for ages and is filthy, or if there is some damage somewhere. Then when it all gets sorted I love it!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i never let mine get dirty or knackered enough to feel bad about it.:eek: no one ever sees it dirty

although the bad part of that is that ANY tiny dent or scratch and it pisses me off so much that i have to have it sorted...the next day if possible.

Octavia VRS
Might sound sad, but i still miss my old 1.4. T'was a great wee car and after a good clean it still looked as good as new imo.

LY V6 with Recaros
i never let mine get dirty or knackered enough to feel bad about it.:eek: no one ever sees it dirty

although the bad part of that is that ANY tiny dent or scratch and it pisses me off so much that i have to have it sorted...the next day if possible.

That sounds like me! I hate it when it rains all the time and cant clean it because I don't like people seeing it dirty! :eek: ANY slight mark or imperfection on it has to be sorted right away!

RenaultSport 197
^ Is this just me, but if the rear selt belts aren't tucked in correctly on the back seat clips, or the head rests are un-even in height or 1 seat is more forward than the other, I can't go anywhere until it's all even and looks the same. I only do this in my car - nowhere else lol!!

LY V6 with Recaros
^ Is this just me, but if the rear selt belts aren't tucked in correctly on the back seat clips, or the head rests are un-even in height or 1 seat is more forward than the other, I can't go anywhere until it's all even and looks the same. I only do this in my car - nowhere else lol!!

Haha, yep, must have even headrests and tidy seatbelts :eek:

Clio3 1.4 16v dynamique
I dont do that but i cant have anything that will slide about in the boot, the noise really annoys me when i can hear it moving. Same if a seatbelt is loose and it's knocking on something i have to pull over and sort it out lol. The only thing like that i do is the stereo volume has to be an even number. I have no idea why lol it just irritates me if it isnt.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

lol, that is so like me, if there is anything wrong with the car all my priorities go out the window and I MUST get it sorted straight away.

Black 172

That sounds like me! I hate it when it rains all the time and cant clean it because I don't like people seeing it dirty! :eek: ANY slight mark or imperfection on it has to be sorted right away!

Why there can't be any attractive, RS women drivers in my area who look after there car as much as Deb does!? :D

The world would be a better place then, lol...