ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Everyone's selling their 200's?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I went back to a cup from my first 197 and it felt about 30 years old in compared to the mk3. Depends what you want, but for me the mk3 has every box ticked in what I want.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
People sell up all the time ffs. It's not uncommon for a common car to be sold at a common rate by commoners who just want something possibly less juicy for their commute. C'mon..

200s are ace btw

This man speaks the truth.

Evo 5 RS
I went back to a cup from my first 197 and it felt about 30 years old in compared to the mk3. Depends what you want, but for me the mk3 has every box ticked in what I want.

30 years older, that's proper weird!!!! I could of sworn they're no more than 10 years old? Can somebody clarify this plz thnx

Do one, Kev : )

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
trollollollollol,

It wasn't a deal breaker in anyway if that's what you mean....?

don't give up the day job fella ;)

260% JCW
trollollollollol,

It wasn't a deal breaker in anyway if that's what you mean....?

don't give up the day job fella ;)

That wasn't me trying my old china.

As already stated, they're not that special and the market is flooded with them.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I noticed it a while back. I used to be on 197.net alot last year when inwas on the look out for a decent 197 / 200. I logged a month ago to see that most members from the forum I know have sold their cars. It seems to be the in thing ATM, buy them, drive them for a couple of months, sell them on. I have no idea why. If I bought a new 200 I would keep it for a long time.

I did see that they are shocking on fuel compared to the 1*2s.

Are you allowed to sell the 200 on the £199 a month deal? i thought you gave it back after 2 years? i had it in my head that you were locked in for 2 years? surely you cant sell a financed car?

Are you allowed to sell the 200 on the £199 a month deal? i thought you gave it back after 2 years? i had it in my head that you were locked in for 2 years? surely you cant sell a financed car?

You can sell a financed car if you want. You just pay the finance off or get the buyer to settle it.

Merc
I think Revels is right.

I also think and tell me if i'm wrong, that the car as a whole isn't "great". Bare with me.

It's not stripped back enough to be as exciting as your 172's et al and it's not soft enough to use as a solid everyday car doing mile munching. Mpg, comfort ect..

I know Evo raved about the cup as well and i'm sure on the right road it's an epic machine but maybe it didn't do the rest well enough?

Agree to an extent that it's not that great. I'm chuffed with mine based on looks, but when giving it some good stick I don't feel as comfortable/confident as I did on my awd scoob. Floats about at times but maybe it's me and I need to get used to fwd again but I have been driving it almost daily for the three months I've had it. No chance of selling it btw!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I don't agree, they are a superb machine. If you live in the sticks and have a good choice of A/B roads, for the money, nothing comes close. In its segment, other than a MCS what else can you drive to the shops one day, and then take for a good spank down a B road/ track the next?? They are so rewarding. Shame the 200 still looks a bit 'wrong' to me .. Would it stop be having one? Would it f**k!

An orange one
to the people twining about the comfort levels etc for daily use...

dont order the bloody cup suspension then! ours is 200 FF with non cup chassis and its superb on rough roads as well as smooth! everyone knows from various tests and magazines etc how hard the cup susp. is on UK roads, and yet it seems to be a case of ordering it just so you can "look cool to your mates and on CS" and have snazzy red brake calipers!

AG 200
to the people twining about the comfort levels etc for daily use...

dont order the bloody cup suspension then! ours is 200 FF with non cup chassis and its superb on rough roads as well as smooth! everyone knows from various tests and magazines etc how hard the cup susp. is on UK roads, and yet it seems to be a case of ordering it just so you can "look cool to your mates and on CS" and have snazzy red brake calipers!

I agree, I only ordered it because it wanted red calipers and seem to be one of the 2 people in the world who prefer the cup alloys over the speedlines.
My best mate bought a 200 a few months back after seeing mine , however, he opted for the standard chassis. We went over the dales to whitby a few months back and the roads were horrible! There was no way on this earth I could keep pace with him , I was left swerving around potholes whilst he just streaked away. We swapped cars for a while and the difference was huge. The standard car soaked up the bumps with ease whereas mine was awful. The cup chassis is not designed to be hammered by humps, bumps and potholes ,its designed to stick to a well tarmac'd road/track. Ive driven his on urban roads too and the difference in minute , the steering was different but thats just because Im used to the quicker rack now. No one NEEDS the cup chassis for tootling to tesco's or going to work but quite a few have a bit of 'cup snobbery' it seems ...... and I have the cup chassis.

I really don't mind the stiffness of the Cup chassis, possibly because I'm young/ both my other cars were MK2 Clios sat pretty low on coilies and both were pretty loud. I love my 200 and won't be selling any time soon, for me it's the perfect balance of sensible-ish daily/fun weekend car.

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
The thing I notice is...

The 200 is one of the pinnacle cars of the current hot hatch offerings. Through late teens and early 20's people on the forums work their way up the car ranks, improving getting a newer more powerful car when they can. They get to a level of getting a 200/vxr/gti blah blah and then at the age they get one they and their partners aspirations of life change to wanting a house so they sell.
I dont think its anything to do with the car. Dont think Iv noticed a thread of 'I just didnt like my 200'.

Personally I love mine. Its a differant love to what I had for my 182 but I do love it.

clio
I agree, I only ordered it because it wanted red calipers and seem to be one of the 2 people in the world who prefer the cup alloys over the speedlines.
My best mate bought a 200 a few months back after seeing mine , however, he opted for the standard chassis. We went over the dales to whitby a few months back and the roads were horrible! There was no way on this earth I could keep pace with him , I was left swerving around potholes whilst he just streaked away. We swapped cars for a while and the difference was huge. The standard car soaked up the bumps with ease whereas mine was awful. The cup chassis is not designed to be hammered by humps, bumps and potholes ,its designed to stick to a well tarmac'd road/track. Ive driven his on urban roads too and the difference in minute , the steering was different but thats just because Im used to the quicker rack now. No one NEEDS the cup chassis for tootling to tesco's or going to work but quite a few have a bit of 'cup snobbery' it seems ...... and I have the cup chassis.

Got to admit the 197 cup chassis (less firm than the 200's) can be a bit of a handful on less than perfect roads. You can end up getting bounced off line a bit.

would i change it - nah i like the red calipers and when the road smooths out its awesome

i'll probably consider changing it for the 200's set up (after a test drive) when my shocks need replacing.

defo want the quicker rack for sure

clio
The thing I notice is...

The 200 is one of the pinnacle cars of the current hot hatch offerings. Through late teens and early 20's people on the forums work their way up the car ranks, improving getting a newer more powerful car when they can. They get to a level of getting a 200/vxr/gti blah blah and then at the age they get one they and their partners aspirations of life change to wanting a house so they sell.
I dont think its anything to do with the car. Dont think Iv noticed a thread of 'I just didnt like my 200'.

Personally I love mine. Its a differant love to what I had for my 182 but I do love it.

Agree with this too - struggled to save for a house deposit although I'm keeping mine and the bike. Would rather rent a bit more than get rid of some luxuries which are better enjoyed when young.

GTD, Lupo
Not selling mine!

It's going in to have the front end correctly assembled after 2 years of waiting for RUK to get a grip.

Don't seem what the fuss is about! I have seen a couple go because they picked the cup pack! Most because they are buying a house or have a change in there circumstances like job or pay, and one as the owner wasnt getting along with the car.

200 all day long as I don't want to be writing a thread titled "funny rattling noise coming from the engine"

Warranty ftw!

Clio RS 200
I think the 200 is great and am not getting rid of mine. The only 'down' put to it is that, when it is cold and for the first 6,000 miles, the engine is sooo tighter then a nuns fadge and you couldnt beat a robin ralient off the line!

Once it has warmed up and worn in a bit, its awesome.

The problem is that when they are for sale in dealers, test drives are normally in a new one and the engines are normally stone cold - lose, lose.

I can guarentee that in 90% of test drives, the car literally performs at 1/2 its performance levels. If you doubled everything about the car, that is everyday performance.

I drove a 182 and a 172 on recent test drives (i was looking at a second motor) amd the 200 is completly different. The performance is on par with the 182 but the comfort and 'safety feel' is far superior; i feel alot safer throwing a 200 into corners then the 172 and 182s.

The Cup 200s and 197s feel alot 'cheaper' then the FF versions, although all this is dependant on what you want from your car.

Skoda
Army200 got rid years ago. Changed it for a Focus RS, and he's now sold that too I believe.

Correct. Sold my 200 in March 10 for an FRS. Sold the FRS in Jun this year and bought a 135i M Sport coupe. The 135i is for another thread..... I sold the 200 because I wanted a faster car which the FRS was... Both great cars TBH.... Now the 135i thats........... ;)

Clio rs200
Just sold mine was only getting 24mpg including a filter upgrade

Was fun as fu*k though and always wanted 1 since I got my first Clio
Extreme 1.2 9 year ago

Was worth the money to embarrass z4,gtI's,etc

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I loved my 200. If I was a single guy that needed a commuting car/fun weekend/occasional track toy then thats what i'd have. Absolutely brilliant cars.

BUT!

I'm not single and I have two small children so we grew out of the 200 pretty quickly. And the suspension is WAY too hard for two small kids in the back. Poor little fcukers could never get to sleep in that car.

£199 a month is fcuk all aswell. Its peanuts for what is essentiaslly a very well thought out product.

But in the back of my mind, when the kids are a bit bigger, I will get an R27. I don't think I can cope with the 200's front end again. It really is an awful looking car.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Cba to read through the whole thread but I've noticed a lot of 200s for sale. Check autotrader and piston heads. (not revelant but there's an absolute douche selling an ag 200, I base that statement on his advert: chav!)

But yeah. I was browsing through a dealership the other day that had pcp deals on 200s which seemed decent enough if that's what you're after. Harphams selling his because he's not clicking, maybe this is the case with a lot of other people? Although some are being sold after 2 months of ownership... Seems a waste to me

But! £21k new for all the decent options I would spec bs £14k for a two month old one with the same options. People probablies realise the depreciation and s**t bricks lol

Harphams selling his because he's not clicking, maybe this is the case with a lot of other people?

Yup, true. They are awesome cars, but for a day to day car, they just aren't as fun as a Mk2 R.S.

I do seem to be seeing alot of others like myself, that love the cars, but just don't click with them unfortunately.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Mine could also be going - I now don't get a chance to use/enjoy it. So 10 months old, 3300 miles and sat on the drive 6 days from 7. Pointless :(

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
people are selling there 200's because they walked up to the car from the bk got in thought yeah this is nice, quick test drive bought it there n then went bk to collect the car and said wtf i never saw the front of it :p im sure its an epic car but for me personally its pig ugly and for what is meant to be a 'clio' i.e small car there fairly big.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
All because where I work - is a shite hole - so it stays at home. Pointless.

Missus has a low mileage Fiesta ZS 07 too - so possibly chopping both in and getting her a new car that she's always fancied - Mini Cabrio.

260% JCW
IMO the Twingo has taken over as Renaults small hatch back, the current Clio isn't far off the size of an original Focus.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
And the Twingo seemed cheap and plop when I had a go - Clio lobbed the biggest of grins on my chops :) Still does...

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Its price. Lots of people jumped on the 200 a month band wagon, without realising how much fuel/tax/insurance/servicing is on top of these deals. Few on here were/are still at uni ffs. When i was that age i had a 1400 Nova :clown:

If I needed to change my car tomorrow for something a fair bit cheaper to run, I'd probably get a new 200. I still dislike the front, but that wouldn't stop me buying one. Better handling than what I have now (at lower/normal speeds at least), and my arsehole wouldn't contract every time I thought about putting it on track. (brakes and tyres)

EDIT: Scrub that. I've just recalled all my Renault dealer experiences lol.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Its price. Lots of people jumped on the 200 a month band wagon, without realising how much fuel/tax/insurance/servicing is on top of these deals. Few on here were/are still at uni ffs. When i was that age i had a 1400 Nova :clown:

Definately.

People think 'oh, £200 a month is easy, I 'll get one of those'.

They seem to forget that you also have to insure it, put (lots of!) fuel in it, tax it, put tyres on it...

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
I can easily afford mine - not money at all. It's just a waste if I cannot use it properly.