ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evo Magazine - buying a used Clio Sport

Red Clio 197 F1
Just been in to WHSmith and Evo have a section on buying a used Clio Sport 172 and it looks a good informative read, best thing is.............. it recommends this website and forum!!

Some good pointers and price guides, maybe worth buying and keeping hold of.

1.2 16v Dynamique
Might just have to buy that as I'm seriously thinking of upgrading to a 172, is it the March 06 edition mate....:D

Red Clio 197 F1
Yeah must be, has Road going supercars as an Evo test - so has Ferrari etc on the front.

Is a good 5 page review on the Mk2 Clio Sport in Phase 1 & 2 versions including cup and etc.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'll probably buy that on the way home from work tonight, slightly late for me as I've just bought my 172 but still interesting i'm sure.

Red Clio 197 F1
only went for a birthday card and only had a couple of quid, so will have to go back and buy it as well.

I have a load of magazines that have any tests with the Clio Sport in it. Thought it would be nice for who ever buys my little pocket rocket in a years time or so

Clio 172 mk2
Really like evo magazine and this is even more of a good reason to buy it!

They do like the Renaultsport Clio a lot...and the trophy they really rate:D

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
They also loved the williams too and voted it in there top 10 cars of the last decade.I have every copy since it started and my mrs is giving me grief now about the space they take up..lol

ian

Octavia VRS
Yeh bought this on Sat. I want to find a standard 172 as mint as the one in the issue, might be tricky lol

Octavia VRS
ian 182 said:
They also loved the williams too and voted it in there top 10 cars of the last decade.I have every copy since it started and my mrs is giving me grief now about the space they take up..lol

ian

I know how you feel mate - I had to get rid of a lot of mine! :(

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Hang onto as many as you can mate .First editions are pushing 60 quid on e-bay and number 2's are doing 35quid

ian

Renaultsport Clio 182
Evo is a quality mag, it's the only magazine I've ever looked forward to receiving on my doormat :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
I bought this on the way home tonight. Top Gear mag is also worth buying this month as it has a free Best of Top Gear DVD on the front.

MINI JCW
I do like Evo but must admit my favourite magazine is autocar! they both love the Renaultsport Clios though!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Is the climate control as weak in the Clio as Evo have stated in the article or does it work well?

Red Clio 197 F1
^^^ sneeks.

I have Air Con in my Phase 1 and I never use it. It has now needs re-filling but I really can't be arsed.

When I have used it, it has been fine and mine is manual and not Climate Control. It's a good size engine to power the unit

Citroen DS3 DSport
Thanks for the answer JayJo. It had seemed to work very well during the test drive so I was surprised to have read those comments in Evo.

A4 Avant & A3
I went out especially & bought it last night.. the missus loved it when i got in & ignored her while reading a buyers guide about a car i already have :)
Just nice to have good write ups about your motors i reckon. something to keep with my car docs.
Evo ain't a bad magazine, i've only bought it a couple of times in the past.

muz

big fat japanese bus
read with great interest, being an evo subscriber i got it early but nly really fully read it last night.

I was really looking for some inaccuracies in the article to b**ch about but found none :(

Citroen DS3 DSport
I also bought Evo for the reason that it's great to read good comments about a car you own. I used to get alot of that with my old Saxo VTS but the C2 VTR never did seem to generate good press :D

Clio 172 mk2
Norris_309 said:
I went out especially & bought it last night.. the missus loved it when i got in & ignored her while reading a buyers guide about a car i already have :)
Just nice to have good write ups about your motors i reckon. something to keep with my car docs.
Evo ain't a bad magazine, i've only bought it a couple of times in the past.

lol

Looks like I'm also going to be in for an earfull...just been and brought this issue and will definately be having a good read later:D

Citroen DS3 DSport
The Top Gear dvd given free on the cover of Top Gear magazine this month is quite good. The entire lap of the TG circuit by the Renault F1 driven by the Stig is shown from the onboard camera.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I have my doubts that they actually allowed Ben Collins (Stig) to drive the F1 car as I'm told that they quite often dress other drivers as the Stig if required by the manufacturer providing the car for testing.