ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evo Magazine

Renaultsport Mégane R26

Just wondering who reads Evo Magazine from ClioSport? Ive been a subscriber for over a year now and think its the best motoring magazine out there! Plus they love all the Renault Sports so cant complain with that!

VaVa

Me too... been a subscriber for a while now. I have to admit I buy it for the photography as much as anything else. :oops:

That and they also love their hot hatches. :D

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Me... no other car mag is worth buying imo. Love the no limits feature this month!

Street Triple R

Me too, the best car magazine by far, although occasionally i think that the writers forget that 99.99999% of people live in the real world when they have almost complete issues dedicated to cars which are out of mostly everyones reach, i admit its good to read about these cars from time to time as its the closest ill probably ever get to driving them but i think they do it a bit too often

but thats a small gripe really, great magazine

and i too loved the Holden VXR in OZ article this month

Yep, I subscribe too - but Ive been godd this month, my copys still in its protective bag cos Im saving it to take on holiday at the end of the week :oops:.

Needed something else to read in the meantime, so went and bought Top Gear Magazine - just doesnt compare: messy, hard to read, nothing exciting.

What other car mag(s) would Cliosporters recommend? Sometimes Evo just isnt enough reading...

172, Tiguan

Yer I like Evo and have 90% of them. Great pictures and the articles are written in a way that makes it a great magazine to read.

Autocar, PPC and Autosport are also good, but if you want a magazine along the same "story telling" lines as Evo try Motorsport.

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 18 May 2005

Autosport
You must be joking!

Even the editors admit having to produce drivel to attract a wider readership that are not proper "enthusiasts".

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Evos great - especially that old chappie who goes on about techie bits. He was the first to properly explain V-TEC systems to me in an article.

That Nismo Z-Tune Skyline in this months edition was just pure automotive p**n. Quite a bargain at £86k I thought, but only bound for the Jap home market. Boo! :mad:

D.

Lee

BMW M2C

I dont subscribe to Evo, but do buy it each month.

Ive got the April 2001 issue under my desk when they had the first Magnex fitted to there long term 172.

106 GTi

I keep thinking that i should really subscribe as I have to walk to the newsagents and buy it every month. Only car mag that I ever buy with out looking through it first.

i bought a copy the other month first time in about 3 years or so infact i think its the first mag of any kind i have bought in that time

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

I too have every issue from the start,The last one sold on e-bay for 57 quid for a first edition,so keep hold of them and they may be worth something one day.

I just love reading about cars i would have to sell my house for.:D

ian

172, Tiguan

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 18 May 2005
Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 18 May 2005Autosport [/QUOTE]You must be joking!Even the editors admit having to produce drivel to attract a wider readership that are not proper "enthusiasts".

Yer but its ok for the jobs, cars for sale and the news bits ;)

Mk2 172 (Silver)

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 18 May 2005

Autosport
You must be joking!

Even the editors admit having to produce drivel to attract a wider readership that are not proper "enthusiasts".

Yer but its ok for the jobs, cars for sale and the news bits ;)
i get it each week too. infact ive got it every week for the past 10 years and have kept every single copy, along with f1 magazine!! lol
also get evo magazine when i remember....paul i have a spare evo sticker if you want it. ill try and remember to bring it to fcs.

Yeah I have them back to issue 2. I am starting to read it quicker and quicker these days though and after 2days I am waiting for the netx issue as nothing else offers the same kind of reading..They also have an Italian EVO in which some of the articles are the same and some are different I buy that aswell from time to time, also helps to pick up the language better.

Rob

Weeman sucks ****

Yeah, I subscribe and love it especially the way it written, kind of tongue in cheek sometimes to which is good I think. Keeps it all on Joe publics wave length.

I think I read the longtermers bit first everytime.

An orange one

yeah i read it every month, as someone else said..sometimes you just look in awe at the quality of the pics they take,

the holden and porsche no limits this month were really compelling reading! They have a way of making you feel like your actually there with them in australia/germany..no other mag ever can match that!

Quote: Originally posted by ColinG on 18 May 2005

yeah i read it every month, as someone else said..sometimes you just look in awe at the quality of the pics they take,

the holden and porsche no limits this month were really compelling reading! They have a way of making you feel like your actually there with them in australia/germany..no other mag ever can match that!
Spot on! The Holden article made me want to pack a bag, jump in the car, drive to the airport and jump on the next plane to Oz lol

and Pootle - that would be cool, thanks! :cool:

They have a talented bunch of journalists at EVO i think, and the photography is out of this world.

I subscribe to some proper track magazines as well but the people cant write an entertaining article for love or money, whereas EVO is like a good book.. great reading whilst on the bog!

-Rob

I used to have Top Gear on subscription but it got so boring, in comparison, Evo is quality.

Age test now!!!!!

I think Im right in saying that Evo is the magazine that replaced the old Performance Car magazine?

I bought my first Performance Car mag in about 1987, and on the front cover was the Montego Turbo (150 bhp)!!!!!! The second issue I bought had the Sierra Cosworth on, with the whale tail spoiler. Ahh the 80s.........

Quote: What other car mag(s) would Cliosporters recommend? Sometimes Evo just isnt enough reading...

Try "Track and Race Car" a bit more budget but still good fun to read... they also love the clio sports!!