ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evo Magazine

An orange one

Age test?! lol..im just turned 20 but always always have read my dads magazines...anyone remeber "fast lane" magazine!

i think i remember john barker putting a brand new yellow 911 in a ditch..oops!

130i, 306 hdi, vrs

evo is a great mag with affordable drivers car tested in great locations pitted against each other, oh and lottery winners cars as well . The write ups are informative and unbiased maybe tiff should read what they think of the ctr and 182, oops dont want to start that again :devilish:

Street Triple R

Dont think Autocar is better than Evo

Evo has the some of the best articles and photography your ever likely to see in a car magazine

Evo magazine is a magazine you keep, most others you just chuck away

Evo is simply in a class of its own. Remember the Clio 182 epic - finishing joint second in the 2004 COTY (Car Of The Year to the uninitiated). Autocar had it as the best perfomance car under £20K.

Top Gear shamelessly/embarassingly gifted the Fiesta ST150 victory over the Clio 182. We all know which is the better car. I think they (Evo) just about get the balance between fantasy cars & the real world although they seem slightly biased towards anything from Porsche - never commenting on the constraints of having an engine at the back.

tip: u can subscribe & unsubscribe several times receiving introductory offers all the time such as carwash care and replica models.

Hey guys Im from Australia and I too enjoy reading EVO. Although its a little pricey out my way so I generally only pick up an issue which mentions the RSC or has some sort of hot hatch comparison :D

i read it form time to time,
im a bit annoyed that i missed the one with the v6 buyers guide though, i went to tescos the other week (9th may) & they were already selling junes !

its a very good magazine, i used to love performance car too when that used to be out.

EVO rocks!

Its the reason I bought my 172, the reason I went on a Renault V6 track day and the reason I felt so informed before I bought my V6 255.

Definitely the best of the bunch.

Elise/VX220/R26

Im a subscriber, the photography is mega and the jurnos write really well. Only thinks I dont like are the editorial bits, they tend to just talk total sh*te in those, but the articles are good. Deffo give you a good idea what car to buy for pure performance, Im another one who chose the 172 by looking down the figures in the back, didnt even know they existed before that lol

Mini Cooper S sport

Ive never read Evo in my life, and only read Top Gear a few times - I think Im missing out, might have to pick one up in WH Smiths later.. :oops:

Quote: Originally posted by White16valver on 18 May 2005

Me!

This last issue rocked - absolutely loved the holden article in Oz :D

Just bought a brand new Holden 6.0 V8 as it happens.

It is brilliant.

The Clio V6 comes out for the looks and sound and plain fun-factor.

Test Drive magazine, June, has a 6-page spread on me choosing the Holden VXR 6.0, actually.

I bought a black one.

Nice day out driving several V8s !

BMW 320d Sport

Its variable I think. I do subscribe, but there was a time a year or two ago when it seemed to go through a patch, where virtually every article sounded like a bunch of overpaid public-school boys on a jolly outing in their dads expensive motors. I didnt like, and still dont like, the habit they have of referring to each other by surname in their articles, as if they were all members of some private old boys club.

I love the photography. I dont like a lot of the writing - too long-winded, too much focus on themselves, biased towards brand new cars, not enough respect for genuine enthusiasts who get their hands dirty tuning and modifying, or who choose to run old performance classics.

What keeps me buying it is that there is no competition really, and that over the last year they do seem to have been coming down from their high horse. Theyre starting to recognise that most people do not spend over 30 grand on a car, not everyone has the time or money to go on track days, and that s a lot of us have to spend our own money on our wheels, not the companys. I like an article on a Zonda as much as the next man, but not every month.