ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EVO online review of Cliosport 197

RB 200 Cup!
yep totally agree - i hate it! and with the extra bhp come extra weight so hardly any difference in performance with the 182 at the mo

Ziel Nurburgring
RRTT said:
I thought it might grow on me but it's not happening. Especially when you see what Peugeot have up their sleeve.
This is what Reno could have given us.

http://www.salon.peugeot.ch/en/exclusif_207rcup.asp

And the difference there is that one is an actual car and the other is just a mock up for a motorshow or motorsport.

The 197 looks great and will defo grow on you, shame they have ruined it by stripping it back to a basic car, adding weight and not adding enough power.

doesnt float my boat. And the interior still looks really poor quality, not much in the cabin to tell it apart from a standard clio, and i bet it comes with free rattles like the standard clio i recently drove.

Megane 225 Cup
I think its nice.. but the interior for tha pug is madness..

im not sure about the new clio.. i think it will grow on me.. esp in black

RX-8
Got Evo yesterday thought I wasn't gonna like it but think it looks great especially love the side vents and the diffuser on the back looks like a good job to me!

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Nah, it does nothing at all for me. Maybe they will spice it up later in the year with a Cup version, but I will be sticking with the 182 thanks

MINI JCW
adtmits said:
does no one else think the price is quite high!! 16.5k!!! They are dreaming.

totally agree priced way too high(CTR money or for a bit more 225 or ST money) Renaultsport have renowned themself for providing the best bang per buck. the 172/182 certainly provided that and the 225 is still up there with the best in terms of performance, im not convinced that the 197 is going to do the same

BMW 320d SE
Yeah I agree - far too expensive. I do like it though. There are some really neat touches.
The interior is pretty spartan, but I wonder if that may change slightly before it goes on sale?
I'm not sure I'll trade in the 182 for it yet though - I've got my eye on one of those Focus ST things, and I've just seen the new Civic Type-R :eek:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'll wait till I see one up close before casting judgement. I am surprised however at the marginal increase in power (194bhp, 197PS) to say it's lugging around an extra 130kg in weight.

I was quite shocked at how big the new model is. I've only seen the dCi model up close, but fecking hell, it was big!

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
adtmits said:
does no one else think the price is quite high!! 16.5k!!! They are dreaming.

They won't be that price after a few months anyway. The 182 I looked at in Reno Bury was around £16.8k - stupid money. And the only thing it had extra than mine I bought through CarSelect for £12k was sat-nav.

D.

Saxo VTS
I think it looks nice.

Deffo grown on me.

It seems a lot of testing and design has gone into this car.

And why the f**k do people keep on going on about "Only a small Bhp increase"

"Only 197Hp and weighs 120Kg more"

God stfu already. Renault know what they're doing. If it needed 300Bhp I'm sure it would have 300Bhp.

Power isn't everything. Maybe to your boy racers down at McDonalds across the country, but the design and inovation the new Clio seems to show makes it look very promosing indeed. Seems like they're pushing the edge on ride comfort and the handling and I still find 197 (or well 194Bhp to be pedantic) quite a nice figure from a 2l 16v N/A.

But hey, what would I know, I'm a stupid Mk1 owner.

172 Cup
yeah, but a stupid mk1 owenr with a good point ;) the power is enough for the weight. But i kna if renault released a 300bhp clio i'd buy one, f**k it i'd buy two.

Nissan 350Z
Surely the important thing is how it drives. The marginal power increase does not bother me, but i have a feeling the extra weight will makes it prescence felt in dulling the handling.

If the lower models are anything to go by, i've already read reviews stating the new one isnt quite as good to drive...

One thing for sure we won't be seeing a £13k Cup version again, what are they going to remove?! I can't see much they could take out that will save weight and money, maybe 20-30kg and £1000 off but nothing like the 89kg and £2k+ taken out of the Cup.

MINI JCW
Neil82cup said:
1240 kg and only 194 hp lmao.

1240 kg is about the same/more than a classic shape Impreza turbo.

It should have had over 200bhp, at the moment its 8bhp per tonne down on the full fat 182. Yes it is bigger, more comfortable and more refined but thats not what the Renaultsport Clios have been about. If i wanted something like that then Id go for the Megane 225

Thinking about it actually weighs more than the existing Civic Type R im sure its 1204 kg! Not seen a new Clio yet, is it now as big as a Civic?

STI JDM
I haven't really grown on the new shape. I think it looks too ugly. I know it's not much to go by, but when I came out into the car park after swimming, there was a new shaped clio (non sport) parked next to my ph2 172. Looks OK'ish from the front but as soon as I took a look at it closer up from the sides and behind.......ughh, no thanks. I've woken up on sunday mornings next to better looking things than that.
My next car will definately not be one of those. Besides, there are so many new hot hatches being released onto our roads so I'm sure I can find an alternative.