ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EVO Spruce up

Bumder With A Buffer
Not really a "detail" more of a long clean to be honest, although arches etc were cleaned but wheels not taken off. Haven't had much time recently to work/wash the Lancer so decided to leave work early (ish) and spend a bit of time cleaning it up.

Was covered in Bird s**t, pollen dust and brake dust/tar. Also on the way to work this morning a branch tw*ted the passenger side pillar above the mirro and left a nice scratch that I thought I would sort out.

No before pics as the battery on my HTC decided to die so just cracked on (one day I WILL do a full write up with before and afters!)..Started at 4.30 and finsihed just before 8!

Products used..

IMAG0005.jpg

That Megs APC
Chemical Guys Orange Degreaser for arches and wheels
Bilberry
Zaino Z7
FinishKare 425 for a wipe down
Petes 53 as Wax. Personally I love this on Silver and for the price (I paid anyway) not much comes near it.
Also FinishKare 108AS Tyre dressing. Much prefer the "matt" look this gives to the tyres over the shiney shiney look that NLTG gives. Oddly enough it was the other way round on the Clio. Must be to do with how the car looks as to whether a matt/dry dressing suits.

IMAG0008.jpg

Lime Prime used to remove the scratch I noticed. By hand with a German applicator. Really impressed with how LP seems to work. Again didnt really take any pics of the before/after with the scratches as I wanted to get on before it got dark.

Went down to take a few shots and have a bit of a chav up down a local Industrial Estate....

IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0017.jpg

Arches were cleaned but not spruced up at all. This will be done soon though I hope.

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

Few "mods" that have happened recently, the Carbon "Shrek" ears that I acquired from an FQ400..not sure if I like them. Painted the front Mitsi badge Amphasite, And fitted some Mudflaps to stop the amount of stone chips I was getting. Do have a vortex generator sitting next to my desk at work (and it has been for 3 months!) waiting to be sprayed/fitted. I think I might just sell that though.

My Brembo's are absolutely fubard at the minute and need a proper refurb although im contemplating selling it soon as im getting a bit bored of it! :( Dont know why, I think its because I use it everyday to travel to work and its just become "another car".

Overall considering I have not done a machine polish on this in the year that I have had it there are not that many swirls. I contribute that to my wash technique. 2BM, Warm water (which helps a LOT to remove dead bugs that have been missed H'actually) and that is using a chenile wash mitt that "cause's marring/swirls" according to some. I find wool mitts s**t and synthetic ones cause more marring/swirls then a bloody scouring pad!

Oh also thread wouldn't be complete without a bit of EVO chavness.... ;)

[youtube]1XTL3QmYm7c[/youtube]

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Such a weapon Richy!

You don't post about it nearly enough! Not asw enough! :eek:

How's it running now? Has the yawn sleep sensor been fixed?

LP is a cracking product with the right technique. DA?

Bumder With A Buffer
Yawn control is still broked!

HAving trouble sourcing the solenoids needed. They are £100 EACH and I need 3 so £300. I can buy a secondhand AYC pump for £400 (although the bloke hasn't got back to me for a week or so cnut!) so IF I was to buy the solenoids and it didnt fix it I may as well get the AYC pump in full.

Runing a different map at the minute that I have been tweaking myself. 3rd gear at 2k revs, foot down nothing, nothing, nothing, 3k whoooooossshhhh and doesnt stop till about 7.5K. Pulls like a f**ker upto 5k then another bit of a kick upto 7k then tails off. I have a 10.5T hotside in the garage I can fit which will help give me more low down kick but I havent got space or time at the minute to do anything with it.

MAy just load on the old map, sort the AYC and sell it to be honest. Fed up with using it everyday for some reason :( Maybe the cost of fuel and the fact I like to stick my foot down, Even driving it normally I get just over 180ish miles to tank (£60+) and then sometimes put another 20 in...and thats driving it like a fairy! 150 ish on average and I do that just on work runs. Its not the cost of it that bothers me more the fact using it everyday and driving it like a granny is not fun.

Plan is though to sell this, get a s**tty polo (diesel) to trundle around to work in and buy a IV or V that is my play toy for weekends and trackdays. In the long run it will be better and okay I wont be saving "much" money but having the IV as a play toy will hopefully make it more of a joy to drive :)

Rotary with the LP...although I did a few bits by hand to see if it did anything, surprisingly I managed to s**t a few marks just by hand. Goes to show how soft EVO paint is I suppose but I still never had any problems. Even sorted out a massive scratch down the side of the other halfs Pug last night and that was a right git to do!