ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EVO

Has anyone got this months evo yet?

been trying to find one all week and cant find it. is it not out yet??

Cheers

Mat

Where i work the local newsagents always has sh*tloads of copies. i think im the only one who buys it lol. Good old News on the Wharf

try whsmiths mate. if they havent got it ask them to order it in for you. You could always subscribe online. then it gets delivered to your door

Ford Fiesta

cant find it ANYWHERE either tried all over, lots of wh smiths supermarkets etc

Quote: Originally posted by matc on 07 December 2004
The Tescos by me dont stock it. Just magazines about tractors

pmsl! where are you from?

dk

911 GTS Cab

i have been trying to find this everywhere and they all have last months with the ferrari on the front but not the car of the year one?

Weeman sucks ****

Quote: Originally posted by Timbob on 08 December 2004
Evo love Porsche too much imo.ÊCup stands up for itself very well given the competition.ÊSubscribe!

Thats cos Porkers are an all round sorted car regardless of looks but I love the looks especially the GT3RS. If you ever get the chance to have a go in one, take it. Theyre awesome.

And I agree, subsrcibe. I saved a tenner when I renewed this time. Not bad for the best (only) mag out there IMO. Ever tried reading Top Gear mag, what load of parny-wedge!!

Did you see the copy with the GT3 RS vs the 360 CS????

Essentially they said the CS was a superior car.

A copy or 2 later it was the car of the year or something to that effect edition.

The CS was no where to be seen yet the porker gt3 rs was in there.

Contradictory!

172, Tiguan

I dont subscribe because itll get mangled in the post.

Im trying to keep them in good condition as they appear to be the only magazine you can sell on!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Quote: Originally posted by Timbob on 08 December 2004

Did you see the copy with the GT3 RS vs the 360 CS????

Essentially they said the CS was a superior car.

A copy or 2 later it was the car of the year or something to that effect edition.

The CS was no where to be seen yet the porker gt3 rs was in there.

Contradictory!
Somebody wrote in and said this to the mag,it turns out they picked the 2 cars to test because they were so close but couldnt include the raw CS car as there was only 200 built and it didnt seem fair to offer a car as car of the year that knowbody could drive or even see in there lifetime

ian

Is that what they said!!

Dont really agree with that as a reason, at the end of the day 70% of people will never get to drive any supercar let alone a limited run CS. So all i want to know is what is the car of the year. Obviously this leaves the door open to ultracars being included which would be to ridiculous so i supose i can sort of see their pov.

dk

911 GTS Cab

i dont subscribe as there are so many mags each week/month that i cant afford to buy all of them so buy the best ones each week/month and that changes as it depends on the articles and tests they have.

I still cant find evo anywhere though!

Mike have a look at the pics. Start on the the last page of the the review and work backwards. Number of pics of the 182 doing anything is minimal!!!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Which is good press as far as im concerned

It will give the doubters who say mags are in everyones pockets,less to talk about

ian

The Jinx

It really jocked me off it did. The Audi didnt get one mention.

What was the fvcking point in bringing it? I prefer it when Tomalin writes them TBH, rather than Meaden.

I feel a letter coming on though about the lack of 182 prose.

All it got was 2 paras. 1 saying how someone else on the crew was raving about it, the other about following it when Metcalfe was driving it.

However, the mag does appear to be improving of late. The C4 review was, I think, very fair in pointing out that it isnt set out to be a steaming hot hatch like the others.

Still waiting for an issue when there isnt a scooby or porker in sight though.

E91 M Sport

Evo is a refreshing oasis in a pool of stinking sh*te. Other than loving porkers, which to be honest, isnt surprising as they obviously make the worlds most evo cars, they always seem to be fair - even to extent that theyll freely admit when theyve got something wrong in the past, and now change their minds. The photography is nothing short of amazing, the design of the magazine is very good and the articles manage to give you the feel of the car from your armchair.

btw, I subscribe and the magazines are always delivered in mint condition.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Mines always delivered mint too and the way the mag is put together puts the rest to shame,The photography in top gear is cack and looks like they have hired a bunch of students to do it

Mind you that does sound a bit like the BBC

ian

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by ian 172 on 08 December 2004

The photography in top gear is cack and looks like they have hired a bunch of students to do it
I agree, but its because the reviews on the Top Gear programme are very well done, much better than Fourth Gear or whatever.