ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excel 2013 CSV Files

Bus Winker
I'm having trouble with Excel 2013 saving CSV files in the format I expect.

Usually if I save a file from Excel into CSV that's in the following format:

If this is opened in notepad then it will have a comma delimiter after each number.
However, this doesn't seem to happen anymore and I'm not sure why. Does anyone know if it is something new in Excel 2013?

This is making it hard to import a CSV file from Excel into my database as the format has changed so I can't delimit on commas.

Has anyone else noticed this?

BMW F21 125d
There are different options when saving a CSV file in Excel, have you selected comma delimited? Or by mistake selected MS-DOS or MAC ?

I've just done quick test using comma delimited and it worked fine for me.

I for Eg had two columns in excel

1 20
2 40
3 60

etc etc and when opened in notepad it shows....

Bus Winker
There are different options when saving a CSV file in Excel, have you selected comma delimited? Or by mistake selected MS-DOS or MAC ?

I've just done quick test using comma delimited and it worked fine for me.

I for Eg had two columns in excel

1 20
2 40
3 60

etc etc and when opened in notepad it shows....

I get the same results but I'm expecting a comma at the end of the row too otherwise the first column of one line is merged into the next column of the next line.
I think I'll just change my code to take into account new lines.

Cheers