ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excel Guru's

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I am trying to create a graph from some verticle data.

In column 1 I have 1 answer on each row, either yes, or no, for 27 rows.

Looks like

Yes
No
Yes
Yes
Yes
No
No
Yes
etc... etc...

I'd like to do a pie chart to show all the Yes's and all the No's but I can't work out how to do it.

Help!

Thanks

Half stripped mk2 172
There is a graph button on the toolbar, then it opens up a wizard for you, where it will ask you what are the values for the y and x axis, then input values. After you finish you can change to pie chart or whatever graph you want.

Vince

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Playing about with the database functions in Excel is a pain in the a***...so try it this way...

In a 2nd column (cell B1) enter =IF(A1="YES",1,0)
In the 3rd column (cell C1) enter =IF(A1="NO",1,0)

At the bottom of these two columns, put a heading (Yes/No) and a total - that'll give you the graph number/ratio/data that you'll need for the chart wizard to take effect.

The reason it's greyed out is you're only selecting one set/column of data, and it doesn't know what you want to do with it.

Last edited:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
DarthCake.jpg

:)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Nice one Mark. How annoying is that! :) Have a nice fat pie chart now :) exactly what i needed for my report. ta bud - must catch up soon when I pick up the new beast.

Half stripped mk2 172
Sorry bout that, didnt reply cos I was a bit busy at work then, could have explained better though, but as long as you got it...........:D

Vince