ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excel help.

Audi S1
Hi all,

I'm just updating my personal spreadsheet where I track my incomings and outgoings.

I want my spreadsheet to deduct a cell £60 every 26th of the month. I have googled, but can't seem to make sense of the formluas.

Help will be appreicated.

Thanks

Bus w**ker
=IF(DAY(TODAY())=DAY(A1),B1-60,"")

Where A1 would be 26 and B1 would be the figure you want 60 deducting from...I think.

=sum(c31-60)
put this in the cell where you would like to see the result of the 60 being deducted, change the C31 where necessary.

Bus w**ker
Eh?

A1 would have 26 in it and B1 would be the total of your balance with 26 deducted from it.

Anyway you could actually do away with the cell call to A1 and use:

=IF(DAY(TODAY())=DAY(26),B1-60,"")

Obviously this is quick and dirty, you'd need a more complex formula or VBa to make this anyway useable on a balance sheet.

Audi S1
I have this currently

=IF(DAY(TODAY())=DAY(19),C31-60)

Changed it to the 19th to see if it works. This formula adds 60.

If I do.. =IF(DAY(TODAY())=DAY(19),760-60)

All this does is take away 60 on the 19. It won't however do this every 19th, on any other day it shows false. Come the following 19th it will show as 700 again. Am I doing it wrong lol?

Bus w**ker
Are you using a cumulative balance spreadsheet instead of monthly? If so (why?), no the above won't work as once the date changes then it will undo the deduction. You'd need to go down the VBa route for that...and I've not got time to write it.

What figures in C31 though or do you have any weird formatting on the cell? I'm struggling to figure out why a deduction would become an addition and can reproduce the problem. :S

Personally I just have a monthly cashflow spreadsheet, which just deducts all my fixed monthly outgoings from my monthly pay. No point worrying about when it goes out, as it's spent already IMO.