ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust advice - and so the tuning begins

Well I've tried not to tune/modify the car, but hey ho, once a car freak always a car freak. I have some spare cash and have already decided on remap, matched inlets and cams (421/428, not sure yet). Just need to decide on exhaust. I like the idea of a stealth system, BTB or KTEC, what do people run on here, price difference doesnt really bother me. Just want some honest opinions, I know there will not be anything from an exhaust alone, just want to know best build quality and fit, that kind of thing.

Cheers in advance people!!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
there is a picture of a yozzasport 172 system in the btm forum, and it appears to have a riveted back box, wtf!!!!??????

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Yozza quality, they do a stealth too.

no words needed, just pics....

DSC_0062-Optimized.jpg

DSC_0063-Optimized.jpg

DSC_0065-Optimized.jpg

DSC_0067-Optimized.jpg

Lionel Richie
there is a picture of a yozzasport 172 system in the btm forum, and it appears to have a riveted back box, wtf!!!!??????

its a motorsport thing, the rear silencer is a servicable item, you won't have to touch it for 3years no bother, better than having to throw it away because all the sound deading material is knackered

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Road stealth yozza system...

Got any kicking about, Fred ? I've got the straight out jobby on mine and its SOOOOO droney and loud. Sounds OK over 4.5k but then its just LOUD. Cat still in place too haha.

Stripped yozza'd cup
I'm assuming the noise of the yozza race stealth is the same as the normal yozza race system? They sound gorgeous, but I'm keen to keep the stealth look.....

On a more useful note, to the OP, I have a ktec stealth... It sounds great when you're giving it some but it's horribly boomy inside at motorway speeds. And it weighs more than Japan.

Lionel Richie
its a bit quieter (on noise meters) as the sound is diffused better by being bounced off the road

i'll double check tomorrow, but the YS 182 is 16kg (full system) and the 172 stuff is about 12kg IIRC - ie f**k all :D

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Compared to the ktecs 12kg/inch

Can you service my backbox Fred to stop this rattle? If so how much?

Lionel Richie
i can send you out a "spare" unit to keep you on the road, post it back to me and i'll sort it, will be under £100

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
i can send you out a "spare" unit to keep you on the road, post it back to me and i'll sort it, will be under £100

Cheers Fred but I may come down to you anyway as I need a few bits and bobs doing? Do you supply the renault cat to manifold kit or would I be best off getting one and bringing it to you? Then I can leave the yozza backbox with you and then I can either pick it up when done or we can do a postal exchange

320d
I'd go for a btb or yozza. I had a ktec stealth on my 172 that was an error. I'd have changed it by now if I still have the car.

260% JCW
Ktech stealth, only exhaust ive seen on here with proven power gains backed up by a PFC exhaust shootout.

260% JCW
Same car, same day, same rolling road but with a selection of exhausts. Thats good enough for me.

:eek:

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
true lol, never weighed one TBH. Whats the difference.

More than you'd think. I took my ktec off to replace with my yozza and I was quite shocked tbh. The whole race system is probably lighter than just the ktec back box lol

That said tho, I personally did like the noise the ktec made

260% JCW
Just looked at the Ktech site and there stealth system weighs just over 12kg, the race one 9.9kg.

Yozza 172 non race just over 12kg.

Lionel Richie
^rubbish, k-tec is over 20kg easily for their stealth

i'm removing a k-tec stealth tomorrow to replace it with a YS race, i'll weigh them both to prove it!

260% JCW
Good effort Fred,

Im Guessing the YS stealth then (or non race) probably weighs the same)