ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Advice

Audi TT 225
Afternoon :) Looking for a wee bit of advice ;) I currently have a twin stainless steel Magnex Exhaust fitted (previous owner) and basically, it looks gash, is it possible to change the back box on this or would i be better off getting a new one and just flogging it in one? I'm after something pretty much stealth, i not really too fussed what it sounds like (preferably not louder though!). Any ideas on cost or whether the above is worthwhile / possible? (pic below)

2201GVR43.gif

:dead:

it depends upon the rest of the system - you can make any other backbox fit, but it may require fabrication work to mate your new backbox to the system. is the rest of the system OE, and was it cut to fit the Magnex, do you know?

probably - the going rate for a new Stealth system seems to be about £350-400; i know that KTEC sell their backbox seperately for about £200 (or they used to, last time i checked), but then you've the potential hassle of getting it to fit (unless it's the same fitting as the Magnex at the system-to-backbox joint)

ed. ah - spotted that you've linked the KTEC system. it's a good system, got one on mine

Audi TT 225
yea, i edited my post and added the link so it probably wasn't there when you hit reply, hehe. Thanks for the advice, k-tec are gonna love me, i've already spent god knows how much there in the last month buying all new brakes and mounts (which they finally got back in stock!) ;)