ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Advice

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Hi,

I've just got into an RB 182 from my arctic blue and I'm looking for some advice on exhausts. The previous owner of my RB took a scorpion RS192 off and put a factory original exhaust back on with the peashooter tips, I'm not a fan of the lack of sound and I'd imagine the OEM cat-back might command decent money from a collector making car standard, due to their rarity and rusting issues. Can anyone advise on what I might get for the factory exhaust, or should I just stick it in the garage for a few years?
My arctic also has a scorpion cat-back but I'm looking for something slightly less rowdy than that for my RB for road only use, but to still give it the sporty sound the OEM system takes away.
Does anyone have any recommendations?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
How much do you reckon is realistic to stick it up for once I take it off the car? £100, £1000 or somewhere in between? :ROFLMAO:

BG 182FF
How much do you reckon is realistic to stick it up for once I take it off the car? £100, £1000 or somewhere in between? :ROFLMAO:
It depends on the amount of rust around the back box as it dosnt take much to go through and you will get more if your willing to post.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
1 Million Pounds.

But seriously, if you have the space just sit on it for a few years - can imagine these will be unobtanium in a few years time!
I'm very tempted. When I find a suitable replacement I'll probably stick it on eBay for silly money, if it doesn't sell then I'll sit on it, I can imagine with the way the prices of these cars are going a collector would be willing to spend serious money on an OEM exhaust.
It depends on the amount of rust around the back box as it dosnt take much to go through and you will get more if your willing to post.
Only a tiny bit of surface rust at the moment, but I won't know the extent until I take it off. I bet most of what I can already see will clean up though.

BG 182FF
This ones been painted by someone but they hole just below where the pipe goes into the rear silencers.
looks a bit black like a blow.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
This ones been painted by someone but they hole just below where the pipe goes into the rear silencers.
looks a bit black like a blow.
Thanks, that's the sort of listing I was looking for, not sure when that was listed of course and it's not in stock but it gives me a rough idea.