ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust blowing :(

Renault Clio 172
Arrived at work yesterday and noticed my exhaust is blowing, think its the section next to the back box, typically it's 3 days till the MOT as well :(, any advice on replacement parts or costs involved would be appreciated.

Is it worth replacing with renault parts or good time to upgrade?

Is it worth buying a 2nd hand system? Anyone selling one?

Ph1 172 (titanium)
If you've got the money go aftermarket and then forget about any future problems. 2nd hand bits can be had for cheap though, if you can find what your looking for!

Clio 197
Is the join blowing ? If so you may get away with removing the clamp , cleaning both parts of the exhaust up with sandpaper etc and resealing with high temp silicone.

If its due to the exhaust having a blow then it's new exhaust time , I wouldn't recommend pattern parts on a 172 (I did and it melted my bumper due to rubbish fitting). So either a good condition secondhand (unlikely given you only have 3 days) or an off the shelf stainless system.