ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust bolts

172 Cup
does anyone know what size the bolts are that secure the decat to the middle section?

mine are completely rusted up so before i attempt to remove them and possibly knacker them i want to get some new ones.

cheers
dez

CB600FS
You mean the Cat to the exhaust manifold? Go into Renault and buy a fitting kit, you'll get 2 springs, 4 washers, 2 nuts, 2 bolts etc etc Replace the caps that go into the manifold aswell, they'll tap out with a chisel.

There will be a clamp between the Cat and centre section.

172 Cup
nice one re the fitting kit but where the cat joins the centre section its a flanged joint with two bolts.

im guessing there is a gasket between the two flanges

can i get the gasket from anywhere or will it be renault? same for the bolts

cheers

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Gasket from cat to exhaust was about £3 when i ordered it.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
i got 16 bolts/nuts and 4 gaskets from my local pat williams for under £10(you probs wont have one of them up there but must have something sim). mine were branded bosel or however u spell it! lol

172 Cup
cheers for you help guys. i went to reno yesterday dinner and picked up the gasket and two nuts for £5.08, they didnt have any bolts in stock so will get them from a local hardware place
cheers
dez