ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust debate

Clio 182
hey guys, i'll start by admitting i know very little about tuning clio's (or any car) but wish for a help in a debate im having with a fella i know.

i own a 182, he a 172... he's been in the modified industry for years so therefore SHOULD know more than me.. however i think arrogance has gotten the better of him.

we were having a convosation about which exhaust system i should choose for my 182 for best performance gains, he instantly said powerflow and slated k-tec, milltek and yozzasport system saying that none of them fit properly and are rubbish, powerflow is the best way to go.

now am i wrong in thinking that the k-tec, milltek and yozzasport systems have been specifically developed for the clio for best performance gains whereas with powerflow some monkey in a workshop welds a few pipes together and hopes for the best? (not to mention that theyre plagued with blows and falling to peices?)

have any of you guys issues with your exhausts? he seemed to think that everyone on cliosport with a 182 had issues with them.,, to which i dont believe.

on another note he said the 182 exhaust is more restrictive than a 172 single exit... im more inclinded to believe him on that note but just how much difference is there in it?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I have a decat yozzaaport on my 182 and i can't fault it . The quality is second to none imo . It is pretty loud though and probably not everyones cup of tea sound and looks wise . But i'm more than happy with it .
I had a custom stealth made for my 172 by the guys at Powerflow in Burnley . The price and service couldn't be faulted . Never had any issues with the quality either . I'd definitely use them again , in fact i almost did until the offer came up for my Yozzasport system .

Don't forget though . Powerflow being a franchise are only as good as the guys who work there , you'll get good and bad . Luckily i experienced the latter :)

Does he look like this?
talking+out+of+his+arse-+image.jpg

Yozza, ktec and miltek are all very good. Have to be a yozza for me though :)
http://bp2.blogger.com/_bsrZzTl-Lw0...DDOFw/s200/talking+out+of+his+arse-+image.jpg

ZX6R B1H
I'll second the powerflow place in burnley, laurence did mine and he did a fine job. I was going to go for a powerflow system for the clio, but have since decided on a JP system (yozzasport) better quality stainless, mandral bent tubing and it has had some development behind it.

Again as mentioned, powerflow are as good as the employee's and apparently the material used is the cheapest grade you can buy. I did some hunting and they never brag about the quality of stainless they use. My system looked a bit rough after 12months but im not too arsed about looks lol :D

Lionel Richie
Orbi has issues but is a great bit of kit i agree, BTB can't knock their reputation, unfortunately on the clio 182 system i have seen 2 now with cracked welds (majorly, not just a little bit)

Miltek i'm not even going to mention

Powerflow, depends on the bloke doing the work

Yozzasport - not saying they have been 100% bollock on perfect, we did have an issues on 2 182 systems where they both had a tiny pin hole missed in the welding, but apart from that, 100% the best system their is, and before you say "yeah but its too loud" man up and grow a pair, it isn't

love you all

Fred

BG182®
As it's said above. A powerflow is only as goods as the garage it comes from. Yozza, Miltek and k-tec are all rated highly and if someone manage's to have a bad one it's only sods law and unlucky.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Orbisoud, BTB or Yozzasport. I've got the Orbisoud, but there are 'issues'.

Isn't the main issue with the Orbisound the huge price tag? :)

imho the guy is wrong and you are more right, however I've ended up with a powerflow exhaust (my standard one broke and I needed one that day, Powerflow have heaad office and a garage round the corner from work, and it was only £200 lol) and it's been fine. Had people who've worked on the car comment on the build of it saying it looked good and one guy thought it was the ktec one, not sure if that's a gd thing.

Only problem was the new mounting point they made the bush has split so need to take it to them to sort it. Slightly annoying they didn't use the original Renault mount, however they are even worse so it's the lesser of 2 evils!

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
There isnt anything wrong with K-tec i read a thread the other day, a guy on here had bought a 172 mild steel exhaust or something and apparently it was the best fitting and best quailty exhuast his mechanic had ever fitted. The Yozzasport is very good but its a bit loud, i would be tempted to go to powerflow they have a good rep. For my it would be between Powerflow and Milltec i think.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
If I'd have had more time would have probably ended up with a ktec as they are reasonably close and I wanted a stealth pipe.

My only issue with the powerflow is even after saying I wanted it factory loudness it's a little boomy at times.

182 Cup
Isn't the main issue with the Orbisound the huge price tag? :)

It's cheaper than a standard Renault exhaust from a dealership. Ony kidding, that's not realy a valid argument. It does come with a catalytic converter though, and is from the manifold back unlike many others mentioned here.

and the fact they don't fit very well :quiet:

Mine was fine, but since you last mentioned this I've heard similar elsewhere.