ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Diameter

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Hi everyone,

Realistically is there much difference between 2.25" and 2.5" exhaust bores? Im after a new exhaust for my 182 quite urgently and the Ktec sports one looks tempting.

Main use is a daily, want it to sound nice when Im giving it some, not that bothered about power increase.

BG FF Clio 182
I have recently just had the Scorpion RS192 exhaust fitted along with a pipercross viper induction kit. I'm not sure power increase is all that much (but you're not bothered anyway!) but together they do sound very nice when you're 'giving it some'.

Looks nice too!

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
you wont get any power increase, will be bit louder - a search will reveal your answers.

Thanks. Im not really looking for recommendations on which exhaust, just whether there is any benefit to the extra half inch really.

Sort of answered it yourself. "Realistically" there is absolutely/exactly/precisely/catagorically/etc a 0.25 inch difference. This is just over half a centimeter. IMO this is nothing. Exhaust choice then comes down to noise (Some sound boomy like the Ktec super sport, decats etc and some sound raspy like the Yozza & RS192. Ktec sport, miltek etc are in the middle. Best bet is to youtube them to try and listen if you don't have a mate with one. If you're near ktec I'm sure they'd let you hear a customer car or two?)

I doubt you'd even notice side by side, letalone when it's on the car. The thickness of the steel or whether it has an outwardly rolled tip or not would make a bigger difference.

Can't help you on noise, sorry.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Sort of answered it yourself. "Realistically" there is absolutely/exactly/precisely/catagorically/etc a 0.25 inch difference. This is just over half a centimeter. IMO this is nothing. Exhaust choice then comes down to noise (Some sound boomy like the Ktec super sport, decats etc and some sound raspy like the Yozza & RS192. Ktec sport, miltek etc are in the middle. Best bet is to youtube them to try and listen if you don't have a mate with one. If you're near ktec I'm sure they'd let you hear a customer car or two?)

I doubt you'd even notice side by side, letalone when it's on the car. The thickness of the steel or whether it has an outwardly rolled tip or not would make a bigger difference.

Can't help you on noise, sorry.

Yeah, Im between the Ktec 2.25, Ktec 2.5 or the RS192 if I can get one at the group buy price, its just whether that half inch is worth the 50 quid extra... at the moment Im thinking it isnt for a 100k car that I dont plan on tuning.

172 cup, Impreza P1
For a N/A car you could lose power by going too large a diameter bore but on a turbo you want to go slightly bigger to allow better flow of exhaust gases.