ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Dilemma

Clio 172 mk2
I’ve had my ’02 172 for about a month now, but the exhaust has begin to grate on me. Its just a bit too loud when I put my foot down and when I’m on the motorway. I don’t mind a sporty exhaust but when you struggle to hear when the person next to you is saying it is just annoying. It’s a blue flame exhaust that was just fitted before I bought the car.

So my question is to you folks is what exhausts would you recommend? Because otherwise I’m going to have to change it back to a standard one which I don’t really want to do.

Cheers in advance.

If you are happy with the tailpipe why not just get a custom builder to fit a bigger silencer or add a silencer depending on the current configuration of the exhaust.

Blue flame is a custom exhaust company isnt it?
If it is take it back to them and say you want to make it quieter should be £50 rather then £350.

Clio 172 mk2
Thanks cli0 172 i've just had a look for Pro-Speed, they are based in Cardiff which is a bit too far for me, (in Blackpool). I'd not really considered a custom exhaust, but I am liking the sound if it (no pun intended). Any ideas for closer to home? Would a Power Flow system be comparable?

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
No point buying a Renault exhaust which will be more expensive anyway than a better built custom one. Custom version will be stainless steel and Renault's mild steel (MS will rust through way way quicker). Take a trip to Cardiff my friend, see Charlie at Prospeed, you might even see Charlotte Church!