ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust dilemma

Clio 172 Cup
Bit new to the clio scene having just picked up my first 172 cup. Having a bit of a dilemma regarding which exhaust system to fit... I'm torn between the Supersprint full race system - http://www.kamracing.co.uk/renault/...full-exhaust-system-kam-racing-exclusive.html and the Oreca group N full system - http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=3823&appid=2

Anyone got any good advice on which would be best to go for, bearing in mind i'm intending on doing a few track days, regarding db level restrictions? Car is only a weekend/track toy so it doesn't need to be quiet for running around in.

Thanks, Liam

Clio 172 Cup
They seem pretty hard to get hold of these days, i've searched everywhere for one but no luck!? Do they even still make them?!

Clio 172 Cup
To be honest the supersprint first caught my attention but i came across the oreca and seen a few videos and it sounds pretty nice. Just wanted to get some opinions before i buy one or to find out what else there is out there

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
If that Oreca exhaust is like the picture its going to be very loud. I'd bet at most tracks you will get black flagged for noise nowadays.
The Supersprint you can run with a mid silencer and rev to your limiter without issue.

Clio 197
that Oreca is practically the same diameter the whole way through - i bet thats an ear bleeder :approve:

Clio 172 Cup
I'll give you a call on monday Fred as i'd like to find out a bit more about the YS regarding price and availability etc if that's ok?

ITB BG 182
Milltek....Despite what everyone says on here with the welds are s**t blah blah crap. Other than Demo car i was the next to have one fitted (5ish years ago), no problems at all since with it. Sounds nice and deep on a non modified engine but on ITB's sounds mint an not OTT loud...