ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust emission warning light

Hi all
For better or worse I have just replaced my Scorpion exhaust on my 172 with a Klarius pattern exhaust (couldn't stand the noise or look of the scorpion).
The car is driving fine, but on the way home the emissions warning light came on. I am hoping to get a code reader on it on Wednesday, but before that I'm trying to work out the most likely culprit, and whether it is ok to continue driving:
- Both Lambda sensors were disconnected (and reconnected) during the exhaust swap. I was planning to change the cat but couldn't get the bolts undone!
- The fuel was very low when exhaust was changed, so I then filled up at a different filling station to usual (though 95RON as normal)
- Is it possible that the new exhaust is causing a build up of gasses around the cat, as it is less free flowing than the old one?

Do any of these sound like the most likely cause? I have double checked the connection for the post-cat lambda, and I think if it was the pre-cat one, that would definitely cause running issues?
Thanks for any thoughts!

Quick update: I got the fault code checked today and it is as follows:
P0420: Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)
Any help?

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Sounds like the Post cat sensor is reading the wrong value.

May be the fact you undid it and reattached it which has casued this.
Take it off, give it a clean and then reapply it. if its still throwing the light then replace it.

Thanks guys, I do have a spare lambda sensor, so I might try swapping it over as my first attempt.
I'll report back!