ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust for dci? Heather x

Clio Sport 197
Hey I have a dci 80, but not really sure that there us such thing as a loud/nice exhaust for a diesel?
Any ideas?

Thanks
Heather :) x

Nothing at the mo :(
Its a diesel... Clio diesel at that.. they are used for good MPG and cheap running... they are loud enough as they are lol

Nothing at the mo :(
Like i said, its a clio DCI, Turn it into a clio 182 rep or something,, dont just stick a cherry bomb on it

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Tug boat noise amplified through a large exhaust... Wouldnt sound good ha

A lot of bhp can be gained through maps on diesels, look at a larger turbo and intercooler aswell?

That may be utter crap because I don't know much about diesel tuning... That's just what I've picked up off here ha

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive never played with the exhaust system on my DCi however if done correctly they sound pretty cool, different, but cool. you dont want to go loud but just slightly deeper and you get a bit more turbo noise.

go custom, find a place local to you that has a good reputation as custom places can be a hit or a miss.

power gains can be had from removing the cat and replacing it with a solid pipe as the standard one is a weird shape and size and restricts if it was me id have this replaced as a one piece from the manifold and there is a joint on the straight bit of the centre section that is small and looks restrictive have the one piece cat running to here with a flange joint to remove the restriction. you could then have a stainless system made for the rest but i wouldnt bother no gains to be had really from here unless your interested in looks but really stealths are where its at these days!

get urself over to www.renaultdci.net

ITB'd MK1
it's a turbo, a better exhaust will ALWAYS be an improvement for perfomance. they can sound a little agricultural though. Come down, I'll check out that knock you mentioned to me the other day, and I'll measure up for making something ;)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
it's a turbo, a better exhaust will ALWAYS be an improvement for perfomance. they can sound a little agricultural though. Come down, I'll check out that knock you mentioned to me the other day, and I'll measure up for making something ;)

exatly, quicker spool up with decats on them, and id imagine when mapping and raising boost pressure more gains can be had. something to keep in mind though is the dci 100 runs the same exhaust as the 65 and 80 so id imagine not much gains to be had on the post cat system