ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust for valver

Renault clio 1.8 16v
Been looking at the mongoose system for my valver, (downpipe back).
Any good?
Anything else i should look at?

MK1 PH3 RSi
Try a scorpion, got a 3 inch single round tail pipe on mine, cat back sounds nice and deep without being "boy racer".....

Seems to make a bit a of power difference, but that might be cause i am thrashing it more since fitting the system...:D

Renault Clio 1.8 16v
I had a custom (quiet) full system on my valver when I bought it but the tailpipe stuck out quite far. I've recently replaced the backbox with a Powerflow custom and its awesome. I know Powerflow seems to get mixed reviews on here but mine sounds so gd imo. It sounds nice from 3k then by 5k above it gets raspy. It pops and bangs on overun and is what I wanted. I;d say if ya did get a custom one be sure what you want it to sound like before hand and make it clear to the people doing the work.

Hope thats helped.

I've got a magnex and have been very pleased with it. Nice and deep but not excessively noisy, releases a fair wedge of power it seems, plus it quietens down nicely when you reach decent motorway cruising speed (95ish ;))