ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust gas monitor

Renault clio cup, 2.0 16v
I have read a thread similar to this but would appreciate some clarity. I have just bought an 05 cup 182, after ten mins of driving followed by iddling the exhaust gas monitor light comes on, I have returned the car to renault three times and they say it is a destructive misfire from the 3rd cylinder and have replaced the plug three times, the light still comes on whilst idling after being driven a few mins. does the lambda sensor contribute to the firing of the plugs? could that sensor be the problem or would it be the coils etc. Any advice would be amazing

Ph2 172
could be the coil pack or injector. did they try anything else or just the spark plug? If the lambda sensor is faulty, this would bring the light on but wouldn't cause just one cylinder to misfire.

Renault clio cup, 2.0 16v
they didnt really say to be honest, it's going in tomorrow - AGAIN fingers crossed. Thanks for the info i will put it to them.

I have the exact same issue, destructive misfire on no 3 and exhaust gas temp warning light. Also a bit of a rattle but I'm not sure if that is related? I've had the HT leads and coil replaced, to no avail so far. Did you find the cause in the end?