ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust hanger bracket Clio 182

Clio 182
Fitted the right exhaust hanger bracket absolute fine but the left one I have only managed to get 1 nut out of 4 off. The remaining 3 just keep turning with the thread, they are loose but can’t seem get them off completely. Any ideas would be appreciated 👍🏻

Attachments

• 485727D2-E10C-48D1-95FF-71D0DB01BDD6.jpeg
    485727D2-E10C-48D1-95FF-71D0DB01BDD6.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 54

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I had this on mine when I replaced them. I just covered it in WD-40 then gripped the end of the bolt with mole grips, then loosened the nut that way. Just go back and forth on the nut, wire-brushing the threads as you go along and you should get there. Once I got the nut off I ran a dye over the threads to remove the marks left by the grips.

Clio 182
I had this on mine when I replaced them. I just covered it in WD-40 then gripped the end of the bolt with mole grips, then loosened the nut that way. Just go back and forth on the nut, wire-brushing the threads as you go along and you should get there. Once I got the nut off I ran a dye over the threads to remove the marks left by the grips.
Cheers mate I will persevere and give this a go. did you just use a stud spanner? Or the socket as well?

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate I will persevere and give this a go. did you just use a stud spanner? Or the socket as well?
Just a spanner and grips. I originally thought about grinding them off and replacing the studs but they're swaged into the boot, so sacked that off.

It sounds daft but try tightening them, then wire brushing the thread near the bolt, then untightening. Go back and forth like that and eventually the thread will be clean enough and you'll start to get somewhere.

Proper pain in the arse. Bloody cars :ROFLMAO:

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I see you have the red Powerflex bushes which I have [which came with the car but weren't fitted] however when I fitted them they were loose and sloppy and could be pressed out with my thumbs with ease so I didn't fit them. In your photo they seem to be the same loose fit??
Yeah, mine weren’t as tight a fit as I would’ve liked, so put some gorilla glue in and they’ve been solid.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
They will be a loose fit if you remove all of the rubber.

You only need to remove the middle bit, leave the rubber around the edge. The red mount then fits in tight.

Attachments

• 7-EXH020 FI.ai.pdf
    325.6 KB · Views: 64

Hilux

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup F1
They will be a loose fit if you remove all of the rubber.

You only need to remove the middle bit, leave the rubber around the edge. The red mount then fits in tight.
Thanks (y)- I spent ages carefully removing all the rubber back to clean shiny metal thinking it would be a b*gger to push in :cry: