ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust issues again.

Recently fitted an exhaust to my car and after a couple of days I noticed condensation leaking from the join between the cat and centre section.

Performance hasn't been effected but there must be a very small leak there. I'd opened the join up and smeared exhaust paste in there and bolted it back up, this stopped it but just noticed it's leaking again.

Would this just need a new exhaust gasket?

Evo 6, E92 320d
Mine has done this a few times, the moisture seeps through and wears the paste, so i think a proper gasket may be needed.

try thoroughly cleaning both faces, and using a gasket and a silicone sealant (something like Loctite 5920).

Cheers Fred.

I might leave mine if there's going to be no damaging effects as I'll be de-catting it in the near future, if it's full of silicone someone's going to have a fun job getting off.