ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust mount bolts

Clio 172 ph1
I tried to fit a new powerflex.exhaust bush on my rear exhaust mount. However 1 bolt has snapped and 1 just spins. I gather the weld holding the bolt in the chassis has broken.

Is there an easy way to access the bolt from the top, or how have people gone about replacing the bolts.

Clio 172 ph1
Should have said but its on a 172, so the bolts go through the chassis. So its the getting access to the top of the old bolts to get them out and replace them that I cant figure out.

182 clio
I'm sure they are similar to the 182 how the are fitted. Same brackets.
You might be lucky and get 13mm spanner on remember and give it a little tighten when it gets stiff to loosen the rust from the threads.
Failing that angle grinder and cut it you will be nut and bolting it anyway.
Plenty of wd or likes of.
🤞for you

Clio 172 ph1
I'm sure they are similar to the 182 how the are fitted. Same brackets.
You might be lucky and get 13mm spanner on remember and give it a little tighten when it gets stiff to loosen the rust from the threads.
Failing that angle grinder and cut it you will be nut and bolting it anyway.
Plenty of wd or likes of.
🤞for you

I am guessing by how simple you seem to make it sound in your answer I am missing something obvious when I was looking to access the top of the bolts above the chassis, just couldn't see or feel a way to access them.

More than happy to cut it, just want to be sure that I can then get a new bolt in above the chassis once I have

182 clio
Yeah similar to 182.
Cut or as I said vise grips.
Had same issue with mines but I had 6 to remove 😀💪😀.
It's tight but you can just get in there with small vise grips.
I just put nut and bolt on mines.

Clio 172 ph1
Just looked on google and the 182 mount differently with a metal bracket bolted to the floor which the mount then goes on.... much better design as you can see both sides of the stupid bolt.

182 clio
Hopping this helps