ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Mount

Clio 172
Exhaust mounts...talk to me!! My Zorst is on the wonk and the rubber part of the rear mount has seen better days! Thinking of just buying one of these CLICK

Unless someone can point me in the direction of something less "Renault" and more likely to last for not much more of the queens finest pound!

Jack

You get what you pay for.

* OEM is clearly a flawed design but does last OK ish
* Cheap pattern parts on eBay are rubbish IMO, last maybe 8 months/4000 miles
* Search for "exhaust mount mod" on here. £8 ebay mount + £6 powerflex bush from ECP + your time = Cheap mount that will last longer than anything else
* Fred @ BTM makes fancy exhaust mounts IIRC but there seems to be n reason to spend any more than £14 on the ebay/powerflex mod job.

Clio 172
You get what you pay for.

* OEM is clearly a flawed design but does last OK ish
* Cheap pattern parts on eBay are rubbish IMO, last maybe 8 months/4000 miles
* Search for "exhaust mount mod" on here. £8 ebay mount + £6 powerflex bush from ECP + your time = Cheap mount that will last longer than anything else
* Fred @ BTM makes fancy exhaust mounts IIRC but there seems to be n reason to spend any more than £14 on the ebay/powerflex mod job.

Powerflex mod job seems like a good shout, i will go and look into how its done. Cheers pal!

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Steer clear of Renault dealerships, £80+ just for the rubber mounts + fitting. Mine had completely disintegrated and the exhaust was flying round all over the place, went down to the breakers and picked up the mid and rear mounts for a tenner and they even fitted them on their lift.