ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust not for road use?

Black PH2 172 FF
Bought a new Devil centre section for my Mk1. It arrived today, it is a straight through pipe (no mid box).

After examining it, I found a very small sticker saying 'For competion use only, not for road use'

Why is it not suitable for road use? Surely an exhaust centre section cannot be illegal ?!?

Anyone know?

clio 200 F4Rt
also different laws abroad. isnt Devil a french make? i know they have strict engine modding rules in europe.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
fmp_ said:
also different laws abroad. isnt Devil a french make? i know they have strict engine modding rules in europe.

some countries in europe dont even allow you to mod/change parts of the engine all has to be standard, i think in france they are very strict about it and dont even allow an exhaust?

Black PH2 172 FF
fmp_ said:

Yeah, it is French mate.

Can't wait to fit it now, just to see what it sounds like... :evil:

TVO

S1 Elise (ex Cup owner)
lawrence said:
some countries in europe dont even allow you to mod/change parts of the engine all has to be standard, i think in france they are very strict about it and dont even allow an exhaust?

So by that token, if you drive a modified car in France are you in fact breaking the law??

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
They only ban tuning not modifying....think they can get away with filter/exhaust and thats it...legally anyway

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
TVO said:
So by that token, if you drive a modified car in France are you in fact breaking the law??

is your car registered in france and do you live there? if no then why worry, as i said "i think" and put a question mark on the end so dont quote me. as martin has said and put me right you can get away with an exhaust and flter